Author Topic: 9 July 2010: it's... 1994  (Read 7720 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 9 July 2010: it's... 1994
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »
Ack, I slept through this one again, but looking at the songs she played...I guess I didn't miss much. :(   A few too many repeats, although some of them I coulda VHM'd (Meat Puppets, Liz Phair, Freddy Jones Band) and others which weren't necessary (Interstate Love Song, Cornflake Girl, Parklife, Supersonic.) I have no idea whether WTF Kenneth was specifically a repeat, but REM's been played before and 98% of everything by REM sounds exactly the same.  Anyway, I'll listen this evening.

I wonder if she'll ever play Real McCoy.  Absolutely massive hit in 94-95 that never gets touched anymore, and it would have brightened the set right up.  Same with Ini Kamoze.

What kind of life do you live that you sleep during the morning 10@10?  :P And I like the selective acronymning of the REM song.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 10:43:31 PM »
7/9/10-Friday!! A swift trip back to....1994!!

1.  Stone Temple Pilots- Interstate Love Song
 2.  REM- What's The Frequency, Kenneth?
(News: Arrest in Kerrigan case)
 3.  Meat Puppets- Backwater
 4.  Blur- Parklife
 5.  Freddy Jones Band- In A Daydream
(TV: Melrose Place)
 6.  Tori Amos- Cornflake Girl
(News: Rwanda Genocide)
 7.  Alice In Chains- No Excuses
 8.  Johnny Cash- Let The Train Blow The Whistle
 9.  Liz Phair- Supernova (BOS!!)
10.  Oasis- Supersonic

Liz Phair sounded great.
~CPL593H~

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 10:36:42 AM »
Ack, I slept through this one again, but looking at the songs she played...I guess I didn't miss much. :(   A few too many repeats, although some of them I coulda VHM'd (Meat Puppets, Liz Phair, Freddy Jones Band) and others which weren't necessary (Interstate Love Song, Cornflake Girl, Parklife, Supersonic.) I have no idea whether WTF Kenneth was specifically a repeat, but REM's been played before and 98% of everything by REM sounds exactly the same.  Anyway, I'll listen this evening.

I wonder if she'll ever play Real McCoy.  Absolutely massive hit in 94-95 that never gets touched anymore, and it would have brightened the set right up.  Same with Ini Kamoze.

What kind of life do you live that you sleep during the morning 10@10?  :P And I like the selective acronymning of the REM song.

Haha, thanks.  ;D One where I go to bed at 2 or 3 and get up at 10 or 12.  That may be changing soon though...

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 10:42:02 AM »

PS: "You fuck like a volcano" = best sex line in a rock song ever.

Agreed, But I'll only VHM 'cause I blame her for the likes of Alanis Moreupset.

from "Supernova" to "Supersonic"! BOS3 Oasis.
Wha?  She said it was "Champagne Supernova", though she kind of hesitated, perhaps realizing she hadn't played the song she meant to.  Better to play the more obscure song anyway.

indeed, Supernova into Champagne Supernova woulda made more sense, clever-segue-wise.  All in all, another '90s set that needed a bit more pop or soul and less radio-rock of the period.

Only problem with Champagne Supernova - that one wasn't out 'til 96!