Author Topic: 12 April 2010: 1982  (Read 11728 times)

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 12 April 2010: 1982
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »
Listening to Goody Two Shoes, I had forgotten how often that song modulates keys. Wish I had a buck for every key change in that sucka.

Just took a count: I saw five of the bands in today's set in 1982: Costello, Crimson, Blasters, X, and Bow Wow Wow.

that's a good idea for a set in a given year: bands you saw during that actual year.

I saw Bow Wow Wow in 82/83?  Elvis at Hardly Strictly couple years ago, ABC at the Independent a couple years ago (at this point it's just Martin Fry and band, but he's still great), bits and pieces of Blasters (Dave Alvin, Steve Berlin) and X (John Doe, Exene in The Knitters) here and there.  Saw Adrian Belew in 1984? as well, but his solo show is very unlike KC.  No Frippitronics.

~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2010, 08:51:55 AM »
Listening to Goody Two Shoes, I had forgotten how often that song modulates keys. Wish I had a buck for every key change in that sucka.

Just took a count: I saw five of the bands in today's set in 1982: Costello, Crimson, Blasters, X, and Bow Wow Wow.

that's a good idea for a set in a given year: bands you saw during that actual year.

I saw Bow Wow Wow in 82/83?  Elvis at Hardly Strictly couple years ago, ABC at the Independent a couple years ago (at this point it's just Martin Fry and band, but he's still great), bits and pieces of Blasters (Dave Alvin, Steve Berlin) and X (John Doe, Exene in The Knitters) here and there.  Saw Adrian Belew in 1984? as well, but his solo show is very unlike KC.  No Frippitronics.

wonder how many of the '68 bands I saw that will be played today?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »

Quite possibly the best '82 set ever.

I heard most of the replay last night, but upstairs in bed so no posting.  But in my book this is hands down the best '82 set ever.  And methinks one of the best Monday morning sets as well.

Can't wait for Saturday morning.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010