Author Topic: 3 December 2009--it's 1970!  (Read 14315 times)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 3 December 2009--it's 1970!
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »
Tinka - Any chance that you recorded this one?  It's 1:47 ET and we're not done - this set's entered "epic" territory.

Yikes to the burning Cuyahoga River.

Yes, I have it recorded, but I need to find some way to edit it down. The file is huge b/c I wasn't table to be at my desk during the set and the recording went on for about 3 hours. I'll look for a way to convert this from a QT movie to MP3 and get back to you all.

great set -- I'm Your Captain is a really weird song, like a horror movie, and he wants to get back to his home port of ...Detroit?? but then things get better and he is able to get closer to home by navigating Gitche Gumee.   I suppose Joanne was my BOS, although there were many candidates.  And even though we all love Jerry Garcia and all that, his vocals on Box Of Rain got a little warbly for my taste at times.  Then again, I suppose that *could* be part of his charm as a singer, right?  As a singer, he's a great guitarist!  Box of Pain, anyone?   :o
I'm too tired to take the bait!
 ;)

Allow me.

Uh, TC? That was Phil Lesh singing on "Box."
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »
Tinka - Any chance that you recorded this one?  It's 1:47 ET and we're not done - this set's entered "epic" territory.

Yes, I have it recorded, but I need to find some way to edit it down. The file is huge b/c I wasn't table to be at my desk during the set and the recording went on for about 3 hours. I'll look for a way to convert this from a QT movie to MP3 and get back to you all.

great set -- I'm Your Captain is a really weird song, like a horror movie, and he wants to get back to his home port of ...Detroit?? but then things get better and he is able to get closer to home by navigating Gitche Gumee.   I suppose Joanne was my BOS, although there were many candidates.  And even though we all love Jerry Garcia and all that, his vocals on Box Of Rain got a little warbly for my taste at times.  Then again, I suppose that *could* be part of his charm as a singer, right?  As a singer, he's a great guitarist!  Box of Pain, anyone?   :o
 ;)

Allow me.

no kidding?  well, cut off my bass strings and call me Shorty!    
Sorry Phil, that was enough to chase me out of The Phil Zone!
~CPL593H~

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2009, 08:10:34 PM »

great set -- I'm Your Captain is a really weird song, like a horror movie, and he wants to get back to his home port of ...Detroit?? but then things get better and he is able to get closer to home by navigating Gitche Gumee.   I suppose Joanne was my BOS, although there were many candidates.  And even though we all love Jerry Garcia and all that, his vocals on Box Of Rain got a little warbly for my taste at times.  Then again, I suppose that *could* be part of his charm as a singer, right?  As a singer, he's a great guitarist!  Box of Pain, anyone?   :o
 ;)

Allow me.

no kidding?  well, cut off my bass strings and call me Shorty!    
Sorry Phil, that was enough to chase me out of The Phil Zone!

;)
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2009, 09:35:35 PM »
BOS "O-o-h Child."  More fond 3WS memories.  This song really sounds best at 3:45am.

Something tells me that the Dino cover will NOT be played in a 1993 set. And it won't be my "Song from 1993 that I want to hear on 10@10 but probably won't" selection.