Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1092102 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #825 on: August 22, 2008, 11:47:01 AM »
this is a database question, so I suppose it's directed to Mshray, but others may know the answer.   

While browsing, I found these two rows:

Date          Year/Them  Artist  Song
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
August 23, 2001   1971   Runt   We Gotta Get You A Woman
 April 12, 2002   1970   Runt   We Gotta Get You A Woman

that's Todd Rundgren, right?    I think he's at least 5'10", so what gives?

My guess is "intern error".  The data for the Shraytabase is captured from the KFOG website (by darryl, I believe), and added to the Shraytabase -- GIGO.

Wikipedia has no information on Rundgren's stature.   But "We Gotta Get You A Woman" IS from his first solo album Runt.

ETA:  Here's something I did not know, from wiki -- a Souply Sales connection!

While Tony Sales (son of comedian Soupy Sales) handles bass on Ballad, his brother Hunt Sales (who played drums on most of 'Runt', Rundgren's solo debut)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:50:36 AM by Rod »
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: August 22, 2008, 11:49:09 AM »
this is a database question, so I suppose it's directed to Mshray, but others may know the answer.   

Todd's pseudonym on his first LP (post-Nazz and pre-everything else). Dunno why he chose it, I'm guessing maybe a childhood nickname? ("Hey, RUNT-gren...") 
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: August 22, 2008, 11:53:36 AM »
ETA:  Here's something I did not know, from wiki -- a Souply Sales connection!

While Tony Sales (son of comedian Soupy Sales) handles bass on Ballad, his brother Hunt Sales (who played drums on most of 'Runt', Rundgren's solo debut)

the Sales boys, of course, later joined Bowie in TinMachine. Jeez, how old were they in 1970? -- 12? 13?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: August 22, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »

Todd's pseudonym on his first LP (post-Nazz and pre-everything else). Dunno why he chose it, I'm guessing maybe a childhood nickname? ("Hey, RUNT-gren...") 
This is all news to me, including the Sales info.  I thought Runt was a functioning band of which Todd was a member.  Either way, still sounds a lot like really early Steely Dan to these ears.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: August 22, 2008, 05:28:39 PM »

Date          Year/Theme  Artist  Song

Yep, that's Todd, but this song (and the album it was released on) were issued under the name "Runt", a play on his last name I'd guess. I think this was his first solo release after Nazz broke up, and prior to Something/Anything.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: August 25, 2008, 09:44:45 AM »
Rod, are you going to "Golf With the Raiders"?  Charity event in Pleasanton.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: August 25, 2008, 10:09:09 AM »
Rod, are you going to "Golf With the Raiders"?  Charity event in Pleasanton.

Haven't heard anything about it, but those things are usually kind of pricey.  It's a pricey enough hobby already.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 18, 2008, 09:52:09 AM »
Gawd I hate this Jason Mraz song. He may think he's givin' it his "bestest" but I beg to differ. Fingernails on a blackboard.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 18, 2008, 10:07:46 AM »
Gawd I hate this Jason Mraz song. He may think he's givin' it his "bestest" but I beg to differ. Fingernails on a blackboard.

Haha, that's my favorite album of the year, and one of my favorite singles.  Of course, I've been a Mraz fan since his debut and have a silly crush on him.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 18, 2008, 10:16:44 AM »

Haha, that's my favorite album of the year, and one of my favorite singles.  Of course, I've been a Mraz fan since his debut and have a silly crush on him.

"silly" is the word, all right. Saw him recently doing talking-head duty on one of those VH-1 '80s things, with his smirk and his hipster hat. Ugh.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 18, 2008, 10:49:53 PM »
Just noticed that the KFOG web site is sporting new head shots of all of the airstaff (although Rosalie is wearing the same jacket she had on in the old one). Good shots of Dave and Annalisa, but Renee looks like she's rolling her eyes in hers. And Big Rick's mug is half in shadow--who signed off on that one?

http://www.kfog.com/shows/airstaff/

But the KFOG blog pages are still MIA.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 10:54:11 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 18, 2008, 11:27:26 PM »
Just noticed that the KFOG web site is sporting new head shots of all of the airstaff (although Rosalie is wearing the same jacket she had on in the old one). Good shots of Dave and Annalisa, but Renee looks like she's rolling her eyes in hers. And Big Rick's mug is half in shadow--who signed off on that one?

Great pics, but... Renee does need a re-do unless slightly silly is the desired look. I think Big Ricks is fine. Artistic shadowing.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 19, 2008, 09:51:58 AM »
I don't know why I was so pleased to hear the full "Layla" at 10 before the hour.  But it's a perfect song for right now.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 19, 2008, 10:01:56 AM »

Great pics, but... Renee does need a re-do unless slightly silly is the desired look. I think Big Ricks is fine. Artistic shadowing.

Is Big Rick planning a career with the WWF?  Talk a bout looking COMPLETELY different than the previous pic:

He's lost some serious weight since the Live 105 days when he weighed over 300 lbs.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 19, 2008, 10:15:58 AM »

Is Big Rick planning a career with the WWF?  Talk a bout looking COMPLETELY different than the previous pic:

He's lost some serious weight since the Live 105 days when he weighed over 300 lbs.

Sometime during his show yesterday he mentioned that he and a buddy had gone for a long and arduous bike ride earlier in the day.  So I guess he's been working on his physical fitness some.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing