Author Topic: KFOG, But Not 10@10  (Read 1078510 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: KFOG, But Not 10@10
« Reply #735 on: March 21, 2008, 09:03:19 AM »
So I happened to go to the KFOG site and the "Just Played" feature showed:

The Band, Chest Fever
The Dead, Good Lovin'
Ray Charles, Fever

um... think that mighta been a feverish My 3 Songs?

Spring fever, to be precise.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 21, 2008, 09:56:39 AM »
This new Steve Winwood tune is not bad--definitely harkens back to Traffic at times--but man, they're playing the hell out of it. Paging Darrell--could you give us an idea of this song's escalation of frequency in the rotation over the last couple of weeks?

(Last week I switch from KFOG to KBCO at about 11:15 one morning, and both of them were playing it. I was like, "wait a minute--I thought I changed the station! Oh..."
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 21, 2008, 10:06:17 AM »
This new Steve Winwood tune is not bad--definitely harkens back to Traffic at times--but man, they're playing the hell out of it. Paging Darrell--could you give us an idea of this song's escalation of frequency in the rotation over the last couple of weeks?

(Last week I switch from KFOG to KBCO at about 11:15 one morning, and both of them were playing it. I was like, "wait a minute--I thought I changed the station! Oh..."

indeed, and of course it features Crapton, of whom Fogheads never tire. ::)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 21, 2008, 10:12:38 AM »

I like that song a lot, and Clapton's guitar work on it is very fine.  I'm not all that fond of his mid-career work either, but that doesn't mean that everything he touches turns to crap.  ;D
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 21, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »

I like that song a lot, and Clapton's guitar work on it is very fine.  I'm not all that fond of his mid-career work either, but that doesn't mean that everything he touches turns to crap.  ;D

we kid because we love!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 24, 2008, 09:21:26 AM »
Paging Darrell

As sensitive as we are to overplayed songs on KFOG, some Fogheads have no clue: Dave read an email from someone wanting to know why KFOG isn't playing the new Eagles album -- "it seems to be getting little notice from radio". Good gawd, KFOG is 3 tracks deep into the thing. (and I only listen in the morning!)

BTW during the 6:00 hour, we heard the 'oo, "Getting in Tune", and John Hiatt bangin' like-a Charlie Watts -- 2 songs I don't recall hearing outside of 10@10.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 26, 2008, 09:18:29 AM »
Today's 9 oclock quiz -- my three detectives songs (for EC tickets, inspired by Watching the Detectives).  First two are easy, but, like the fogheads that called in, I'm blanking on the third though I know I watched the show a billion times.  Maybe it's Mannix. 

First two:
Magnum PI , Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV (you have to know the detectives full name)
Rockford Files, Jim Rockford.

ETA:  It WAS Mannix, Joe Mannix. 

and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 26, 2008, 04:16:41 PM »
driving home last evening I was listening to Live 105 when they said caller 20 would get 2 3-day passes to this big Outside Lands festival.  I figgered WTH & actually got a ring on my second attempt.  But I was caller 12 & couldn't get back through.  20 minutes later I was listening to KFOX when Tim Jeffreys was doing his KFOX Chronicles, and caller 20 could win tix to the Earthquakes season opener.  I figgered WTH & actually got a ring on my second attempt.  But I was caller 15.

Hit redial and was caller 20!  So if you were listening around 5:40 (after a pair of AC/DC songs) you'd have heard me & Tim talking about traffic in Hayward & then me give the correct answer to the question, what is Elton John's real name? (he turned 61 yesterday), so I get to take my older son to a soccer game in 2 weeks.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 26, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »
driving home last evening I was listening to Live 105 when they said caller 20 would get 2 3-day passes to this big Outside Lands festival.  I figgered WTH & actually got a ring on my second attempt.  But I was caller 12 & couldn't get back through.  20 minutes later I was listening to KFOX when Tim Jeffreys was doing his KFOX Chronicles, and caller 20 could win tix to the Earthquakes season opener.  I figgered WTH & actually got a ring on my second attempt.  But I was caller 15.

Hit redial and was caller 20!  So if you were listening around 5:40 (after a pair of AC/DC songs) you'd have heard me & Tim talking about traffic in Hayward & then me give the correct answer to the question, what is Elton John's real name? (he turned 61 yesterday), so I get to take my older son to a soccer game in 2 weeks.

Congrats!  Now you can never say that Reginald Kenneth Dwight never did you any favors.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 27, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »
This morning there was a discussion of the "golden age of duets", and Irish Greg mentioned EJ & Kiki, "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart". To which Dave replied, "The only time I've ever played it on 10@10 the phones lit up with people saying 'why are you playing that crap?' I haven't played it since."

Per the shraytabase, it was indeed played once -- in a HFH set. Is Dave pulling a Hillary here?

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 27, 2008, 08:06:24 AM »
This morning there was a discussion of the "golden age of duets", and Irish Greg mentioned EJ & Kiki, "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart". To which Dave replied, "The only time I've ever played it on 10@10 the phones lit up with people saying 'why are you playing that crap?' I haven't played it since."

Per the shraytabase, it was indeed played once -- in a HFH set. Is Dave pulling a Hillary here?

Perhaps his moment predates the Shraytabase.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 27, 2008, 08:40:28 AM »

in that case, he *has* "played it since" ;)

Sorry, the Morning Show makes me very cranky sometimes. Bad enuf Peter gushes over American Idol every week.
Oh, and after the above discussion, Dave played Marvin & Tammi, "Ain't no Mountain...", and Renee said "meh -- that didn't do anything for me"  >:( >:( >:(

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 27, 2008, 09:48:49 AM »

Sorry, the Morning Show makes me very cranky sometimes. Bad enuf Peter gushes over American Idol every week.
Oh, and after the above discussion, Dave played Marvin & Tammi, "Ain't no Mountain...", and Renee said "meh -- that didn't do anything for me"  >:( >:( >:(

And you expected more from Renee? Consider the source here. This is the woman whose self-proclaimed favorite year on 10@10 is 1987. Seriously.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 27, 2008, 09:57:32 AM »

And you expected more from Renee? Consider the source here. This is the woman whose self-proclaimed favorite year on 10@10 is 1987. Seriously.

OTOH -- she suggested Ozzy Osbourne/Lita Ford's "Close My Eyes Forever" as a good duet, and said "I *love* Lita Ford!". If so, she should convince Dave to play "Kiss Me Deadly".

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 28, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »
Just got the weekly "KFOG e-mail" and it's Kaboom! time once again. The official announcement will be Monday morning but the deets: Sat. May 10th, performers are Matt Nathanson, Collective Soul and Los Lobos, and tix this year are 15 bucks plus service charge* (weren't they 10 last year? if so -- Sheesh.)

"We've worked with Ticketmaster to keep the ticket fees as low as possible. The service charge per ticket will be just $1.50, with a $3 charge per order. You can choose to have the tickets mailed to you or print them at home using TicketFast. (TicketFast is an optional service of Ticketmaster that offers you the convenience of printing tickets at home for an additional $2.50 per order.)

So, for a family of four, your cost will be just $60 + $6 + $3 = $69. You can't beat that price to see Los Lobos, Collective Soul and Matt Nathanson on one stage, and don't forget the best fireworks show of the year!"

I say "harrumph!"