Author Topic: The Peak, 6/19/09: 1966!  (Read 4101 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Peak, 6/19/09: 1966!
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 09:32:53 AM »
Kinks: Sunny Afternoon  -- I saw Ray Davies perform just once (so far), last year at the Warfield.  So glad he did this one.   (aside to urth: He also did 20th Century Man!  another fave...)

Yep, I was there! That was a couple months before I left SF.
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 10:13:07 AM »
Kinks: Sunny Afternoon  -- I saw Ray Davies perform just once (so far), last year at the Warfield.  So glad he did this one.   (aside to urth: He also did 20th Century Man!  another fave...)

Yep, I was there! That was a couple months before I left SF.

cool!  that was a great show!
~CPL593H~

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 11:29:13 AM »
they played a audio trailer clip from Anotonioni's Blow Up, which featured a snippet of the Yardbirds doing "Train Kept-a-Rollin' and then we get...

OMG, Yardbirds' Stroll On...!   another BOS!

it's a mod explosion!

if I were on my own PC and not a cow orker's, I'd bee searching the web for pics of Carnaby Street and Mary Quant. But my posting will be a bit curtailed while I'm without my usual bells-n-whistles.

I didn't know who Mary Quant was until this thread.  She's mentioned in a Donovan song - "Sunny South Kensington," I think - and I thought he made up the name.  (I also misheard it as "Mary Kwan" and assumed she was Asian, whoever she was.)

Having said all that, BOS to "I Know There's an Answer," which was better as "Hang On to Your Ego."  Happy birthday, Brian!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”