Author Topic: 1982 on Fri 5/6/05  (Read 10082 times)

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1982 on Fri 5/6/05
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2005, 09:55:34 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
BOS - Shrevie from Diner.

Such a great movie, so many great lines.

Agree completely. I identify with the Shrevie character in that film more than any of the others. GREAT film, I probably watch it once every 8 months or so.

And like Dazed & Confused would a decade later, it gave us our first looks at a number of notable (but not necessarily great) actors. Diner=Mickey Rourke, Paul Reiser, Kevin Bacon, Michael Tucker, Ellen Barkin, Steve Guttenberg, Timothy Daly.

Dazed & Confused: Ben Affleck, Matthew McConnaughey, Parker Posey, Milla Jovovich
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
1982 on Fri 5/6/05
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2005, 10:41:51 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Agree completely. I identify with the Shrevie character in that film more than any of the others. GREAT film, I probably watch it once every 8 months or so.

And like Dazed & Confused would a decade later, it gave us our first looks at a number of notable (but not necessarily great) actors. Diner=Mickey Rourke, Paul Reiser, Kevin Bacon, Michael Tucker, Ellen Barkin, Steve Guttenberg, Timothy Daly.

Dazed & Confused: Ben Affleck, Matthew McConnaughey, Parker Posey, Milla Jovovich

D&C also gave us Adam Goldberg, star of the immortal Hebrew Hammer!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1982 on Fri 5/6/05
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2005, 01:31:53 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

D&C also gave us Adam Goldberg, star of the immortal Hebrew Hammer!

Ah, I didn't realize he'd gotten a more prominent role. I only remember in a recurring bit part on Friends a few years back. And his sidekick from D&C, Anthony Rapp, has had some pretty good stage roles (or so I've read.)

Also Marisa Ribisi is Giovanni Ribisi's sister, but that's stretching it.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
1982 on Fri 5/6/05
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2005, 04:26:04 PM »

One line among many:  

Paul Reiser:  That's what it is! It's the whole left side of the menu!

(the guys are looking at the big guy in the next booth who is pigging out)

Okay, one more:

Timothy Daly:  I'll hit you so hard I'll kill your whole family!

(He & Guttenberg are spending the night in jail courtesy of Kevin Bacon's antics & another inmate won't stop hassling Daly)
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010