Author Topic: 22 Sept 2008: 1974!  (Read 10038 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 22 Sept 2008: 1974!
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2008, 10:44:53 PM »
Andy "Neil Diamond" Kim

indeed, he not only sounded like him, he looked like him:

Jonathan Silverman, you say?  Nah - David Schwimmer plays him in the biopic.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2008, 12:12:23 PM »
Tell me who gets a callout in this list before they call out a band he was a member of?

I confess I read thru the lyrics to figure it out, but it's right there: Donny Osmond, then a couple lines later the Osmond Bros.

I actually missed that, there's another one, less obvious.  Obscure even.

OK, this time I had to consult AMG, so I suppose I should disqualify myself. So I'll e-mail you my answer.

(Btw, is there an artist in today's set who was also a member of this band?)

to avoid any further suspense - Urth wrote: "You were referring to Jeff Barry being a member of the Archies, yes? And Andy
Kim was also an Archie."

But actually I was referring to Leon Russell being a member of Ronnie Hawkins' band.

I think someone could write a whole Pop Culture dissertation on this song.  I know it's been done with "American Pie".

"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2008, 11:54:46 PM »
Tell me who gets a callout in this list before they call out a band he was a member of?

I confess I read thru the lyrics to figure it out, but it's right there: Donny Osmond, then a couple lines later the Osmond Bros.

I actually missed that, there's another one, less obvious.  Obscure even.

OK, this time I had to consult AMG, so I suppose I should disqualify myself. So I'll e-mail you my answer.

(Btw, is there an artist in today's set who was also a member of this band?)

to avoid any further suspense - Urth wrote: "You were referring to Jeff Barry being a member of the Archies, yes? And Andy
Kim was also an Archie."

But actually I was referring to Leon Russell being a member of Ronnie Hawkins' band.

I think someone could write a whole Pop Culture dissertation on this song.  I know it's been done with "American Pie".

Wow, so there were three different artists (that we know of) who were listed ahead of a band they played in in LIAR (BTRRM)? I'm gobsmacked, I tellya.
Let's get right to it.