Author Topic: 14 April 2008--it's...1980  (Read 5189 times)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 14 April 2008--it's...1980
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »

Bases on your avatar I think you'd wish you'd've been listening to KBCO an hour ago.

I'll check out that thread later, thanks!  I can only devote these 45 minutes a day to indulging in "10at10" then its back to work. Oh yeah, BOS Rodney!

And now your avatar seems prescient, although it's a pretty safe guess with Dave that you'll get a clip one way or the other.

Is this supposed to be a pointed segue?

It would seem so, yep.
Let's get right to it.

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 10:38:47 AM »
Bases on your avatar I think you'd wish you'd've been listening to KBCO an hour ago.
I'll check out that thread later, thanks!  I can only devote these 45 minutes a day to indulging in "10at10" then its back to work. Oh yeah, BOS Rodney!
And now your avatar seems prescient, although it's a pretty safe guess with Dave that you'll get a clip one way or the other.
Sure, I figured there'd be some reference to Lennon. Yes, a pointed segue: Chapman> Even The Losers. What would have transpired had he lived??
<--(avatar photo of John & Yoko was taken 8/22/80 NYC)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 10:44:34 AM by Wayback »

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2008, 10:43:30 AM »
Sure, I figured there'd be some reference to Lennon. Yes, a pointed segue: Chapman> Even The Losers

One of my friends from HS, Peter Schmitz, went to Yale the same year as Jodie.  He was a drama major (possibly the best our HS ever produced) and appeared with her in at least one Yale theatrical production.  Only had a brief chat with him at our 10th reunion, and never found out how well, if at all he got to know her.  But that conversation did convince me that not only he but also another of my close friends from HS were gay.  Only problem was Peter was out & Elliott apparently wasn't.   Oops!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:02:52 AM by mshray »
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »
04/14/2008 - Monday! Skipping back to...1980!!

1.   Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Heart      
2.   Rockpile - When I Write a Book      
3.   Prince - I Wanna Be Your Lover      
4.   Pete Townshend - And I Moved      
5.   English Beat - Mirror in the Bathroom      
6.   Kenny Loggins - I'm Alright      
7.   Doobie Brothers - Real Love      
8.   Peter Gabriel - Start/I Don't Remember (BEST OF SET!!)   
9.   Tom Petty - Even the Losers      
10.   Olivia Newton John - Magic      

BONUS TRACK:  Robert Palmer - Looking For Clues
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!