Author Topic: 8 April 2008: 1975  (Read 7888 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 8 April 2008: 1975
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2008, 11:13:04 AM »
The replay show is running longish today--it's just now 11 and this set isn't half done yet. I blame that 82 set that I suspect ran 50+ minutes.

Off to the Giants/Cards game shortly; hoping they can start another winning streak. The last one went south on an ill-timed error from Durham and a bad pitch to Pujols.
Our spring break starts this week (boy, was I waiting for it!) and hope to catch a day game this week, maybe Wednesday.  Go Giants!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2008, 08:28:46 PM »
The replay show is running longish today--it's just now 11 and this set isn't half done yet. I blame that 82 set that I suspect ran 50+ minutes.

Off to the Giants/Cards game shortly; hoping they can start another winning streak. The last one went south on an ill-timed error from Durham and a bad pitch to Pujols.
Our spring break starts this week (boy, was I waiting for it!) and hope to catch a day game this week, maybe Wednesday.  Go Giants!

If you can make it Tuesday, I'd recommend that over Wed. Tuesday they're celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Giants' arrival in SF--their first game was exactly 50 years ago on April 15, and they've even scheduled the game to coincide with the exact start time 50 years ago--1:35. Guaranteed to be lots of special stuff before the game. Just an FYI--I'm sure either day will be a glorious day at the ballgame.
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 10:38:12 AM »
Sorry to have missed the roughly annual appearance of "Miracles."  At least the crowd had some taste!  Very fine set all around, love the Art and Nils too.

And I remain stumped on that "No No" trivia question.  Why I hate the song: The lyric is too lazy.  "s/he smiled because I did not understand" didn't need to come up three times.  And now that I've got a close friend dealing with a coke problem, I'm a bit humorless about this song's trivialization of the stuff.  The problem's not falling on the floor and sneezing, we'll leave it at that.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”