Main Discussion Area > Capital Gold, other Internet Radio

Casey Kasem American Top 40

<< < (295/909) > >>

kahunaburger:
   Listening to 3am CDT Sunday broadcast.  I'm just like "The man on the block raised by rock  who plays records all the time" Ray Davies sings about in "Rock n Roll Fantasy".  Spooky!  "Oh Darlin'" is a pretty good Beatles remake by Robin Gibb from a dreadfully awful movie that should have never been made.  Great voice.  "Just What I Needed" by the Cars is playing now, great debut by a great band.

Gazoo:
Casey's '80s this week hit August 15, 1981.  Robbie Patton's "Don't Give It Up" is NTM - I just read that Christine McVie co-produced.

Gazoo:
Alabama's "Feels So Right" was also NTM.  This was when the Top 40 felt dominated by country and AC, just before the '80s British Invasion.

Gazoo:
I have no memory of Kenny Rogers' "I Don't Need You."  Most forgotten Top 3 hit of the decade, I'd imagine.

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on August 15, 2009, 08:46:04 AM ---I had forgotten how "Think It Over" sounded; reminded me of Dolly Parton just a touch.  Only NTM today is Quincy Jones's "Stuff Like That," which I would have thought was Chaka and Rufus. 
--- End quote ---

My friend, you get the "Good Ears!" award this week. That is indeed Chaka (along with Ashford & Simpson) on the QJ hit. And Ms Ladd's only hit was produced by Gary Klein, who also did Dolly's "Here You Come Again", as well as that godawful Streisand "Prisoner (Captured By Your Eyes)" thing at #39. His 15 minutes were winding up right about then, I guess.

And the Ladd woman wasn't the only Cheryl represented: Seger's "H'wood Nights" is his ode to Cheryl Tiegs. In all, a most entertaining chart for me. BOSes to Anne Murray's "You Needed Me", one of the loveliest ballads of the era; JPY's "Love is in the Air" (still amazing that Vanda & Voung are behind that); Toby Beau's much-maligned "My Angel Baby"; and Chris Rea with the orig 45 version of "Fool If You Think it's Over" , which I hope you stuck around long enuf to hear.

and of course, most cheezetastic to the Village Peeps: they GOTS to be a mucho mucho Macho!

But too bad that first-ever long-distance dedication revolves around Neil D's "Desiree". And WOS to Loggins & Nicks, "Whenever I Call You Goat"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version