Main Discussion Area > Capital Gold, other Internet Radio

Casey Kasem American Top 40

<< < (293/909) > >>

RGMike:
Now I remember hearing this one last year: Casey says Bloodstone are 6 "stone bloods". Casey, I know you're not 100% Caucasian but let's not push it.

Ms Reddy covers Tanya Tucker's country #6 with a gospel flourish. And Casey precedes "Kodachrome" with the story of how the BBC won't play songs that mention commercial products. No mention of Cherry Cola.

Gazoo:

--- Quote from: RGMike on August 08, 2009, 08:34:00 PM ---Now I remember hearing this one last year: Casey says Bloodstone are 6 "stone bloods". Casey, I know you're not 100% Caucasian but let's not push it.

Ms Reddy covers Tanya Tucker's country #6 with a gospel flourish. And Casey precedes "Kodachrome" with the story of how the BBC won't play songs that mention commercial products. No mention of Cherry Cola.

--- End quote ---

I'm listening on Magic 98 now.  Really nice, even that one-trick wolf Lobo.

Gazoo:
"Yesterday Once More" is missing from the Carpenters GH comp I have.  Inconceivable!

RGMike:

--- Quote from: Gazoo on August 08, 2009, 09:44:59 PM ---"Yesterday Once More" is missing from the Carpenters GH comp I have.  Inconceivable!

--- End quote ---

shoobie-doo-lang-lang!  That is odd, considering it got to #2 -- I have a double-CD best-of and the only charted hit it lacks is wacky Sedacky's "Solitaire".

I tuned out after "Kodachrome" to watch one of the unfunniest comedies ever filmed, National Lampoon's Movie Madness. Painful.

And now I'm listening to JJ on KPOO and he's playing... "Misdemeanor". But he follows it with Jermaine Jackson's fine, forgotten "That's How Love Goes".

RGMike:
Belated BOS4 Ms Midler, "Boogie"-ing at the baths, with Barry M in tow!

Charlie Daniels' "Uneasy Rider" always amazes, as he's making fun of the sort of know-nothing redneck he would ulitimately become 15 or 20 years later. But whoever produces these reruns censored the word "fag"! Bet ol' Charlie'd be pissed about that.

And of course I have to VHM Gilbert O's "Get Down", still a delightful pop confection to my ears, and Johnny Taylor's "I Believe in You", which strikes me as quite Womack-esque -- Bobby W hisself would hit the 40 the following week with "Nobody Wants You When You're Down & Out". We also just missed hearing Ms. King's "Believe in Humanity" and Don Covay's "I Was Checkin' In/She Was Checkin' Out".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version