Author Topic: 25 January 2008--it's 1972  (Read 15334 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2008--it's 1972
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2008, 10:14:30 PM »
OMG! I was thisclose to predicting "Easy Living" -- I swear!  BOS the Heep.

I have to BOS this.  I'd forgotten how strong it was.  (There's a post-fame Turtles song, "Goodbye Surprise," that sounds rather like the Heep.  Highly recommended.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2008, 10:15:42 PM »
VHM Hanoi Jane.  But a big BOS2 Mark-Almond "The City". fake-jazz at its finest.

No one, including good ol' Razsty, ever explained to me what distinguishes "fake jazz" from the real thing.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
Does your DB track the frequency of news bits and such?  I've heard that Jane clip several times before.

Nope, I don't thing we've gotten *that* anal yet. But you're right--the Phil & Jane clip is a frequent flyer.

Although Dave usually extends it to her response admonishing him for his lack of tact.

PS: Welcome, Wayback!  I haven't said howdy yet.  I'm the guy who holds down the club on the East Coast.  (San Franciscan by adoption who moved to NYC 5 years ago.)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2008, 10:21:47 PM »
Does your DB track the frequency of news bits and such?  I've heard that Jane clip several times before.

sadly, no -- we rely on memory for those. We call overplayed newsclips "Sallys" (after Sally Field's Oscar clip), just as overplayed songs are "Katrinas" (for Katrina & the Waves, whose "Walking on Sunshine" was once heard in nearly every 1985 set).  But check out the 10@10 Glossary for more.

Love the Reagan/Wallace clip.  As a friend said at the time, "Hmmm... Abraham, Martin, John... and GEORGE???"

I'm nevertheless still annoyed that Reagan got to go senile before I could have my 1992 arguments with him.