Author Topic: The Concert Thread  (Read 443378 times)

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #195 on: November 14, 2005, 09:08:33 PM »
I'm coming up solo. Any of you want to join me?
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #196 on: November 15, 2005, 07:40:54 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
I'm coming up solo. Any of you want to join me?

Apparently folks in Potrero Hill, Bernal Hts and Noe Valley were complaining that they could hear the music Sun nite!  I didn't hear a thing. :cry:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Anonymous

The Concert Thread
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2005, 10:33:38 AM »
Nice show. I got very lucky with a ticket and it was easy. I was looking for about 10 minutes before opportunity presented itself. I was field club in the 4th row of seats above the center of the visitor dugout. I got down on the floor for a bit of a stroll but probably was not supposed to.

Metallica was great. Lots of "older" folks who were a bit unnerved by them I thimk. Mick at 62 is so in shape but looking older than his age.

Ronnie and Keith looked like they were having a great time and got a lot of play time.

Mobile stage came out to the pitcher mound area so they were quite close to me for about 4 songs.

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2005, 03:54:28 PM »
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Nice show. I got very lucky with a ticket and it was easy. I was looking for about 10 minutes before opportunity presented itself. I was field club in the 4th row of seats above the center of the visitor dugout. I got down on the floor for a bit of a stroll but probably was not supposed to.

Metallica was great. Lots of "older" folks who were a bit unnerved by them I thimk. Mick at 62 is so in shape but looking older than his age.

Ronnie and Keith looked like they were having a great time and got a lot of play time.

Mobile stage came out to the pitcher mound area so they were quite close to me for about 4 songs.

Very nice, guest/Alicat. We could see the lights of the ballpark when we flew in over the bay a little after 6.

If you don't mind my asking, were you able to get it for a good price?
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2005, 08:48:54 PM »
The face was $164 and then fees I'm sure. I paid $80 and bought the guy a few beers since we were sitting by each other.  ($80 for a ticket and $40 for beer! :lol: ) I also bought a $10 souvenir pin.  I had at least $130 worth of fun.

Taking the train was great too. SRO up and back but I had a seat. I was home by 11:45.
Sharks bleed teal.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #200 on: November 17, 2005, 07:19:13 AM »
The face was $164 and then fees I'm sure. I paid $80 and bought the guy a few beers since we were sitting by each other.  ($80 for a ticket and $40 for beer! :lol: ) I also bought a $10 souvenir pin.  I had at least $130 worth of fun.

Taking the train was great too. SRO up and back but I had a seat. I was home by 11:45.

Excellent work!!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #201 on: November 17, 2005, 09:19:42 AM »
The face was $164 and then fees I'm sure. I paid $80

Wow, more than half off!  And still more than I would have been willing to pay!  I'm getting cheap in my old age...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #202 on: November 17, 2005, 09:29:27 AM »
Quote from: "Rod"
The face was $164 and then fees I'm sure. I paid $80

Wow, more than half off!  And still more than I would have been willing to pay!  I'm getting cheap in my old age...

Ya know, I had a $40 budget but that would have got me into the upper decks. Cold and a poor view so while I was there I figured WTF, go for it. That's why I go to work everyday, earn a few dollars.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #203 on: November 29, 2005, 07:50:42 AM »
couldn't decide which thread to put this in... but if you saw MNF last nite you know that the Stones have been announced as this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show headliners.  Surprised it took them so long.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #204 on: November 29, 2005, 03:46:42 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
couldn't decide which thread to put this in... but if you saw MNF last nite you know that the Stones have been announced as this year's Super Bowl Halftime Show headliners.  Surprised it took them so long.

I will send each one of you a check for $50 if they play "Sweet Neo-Con."

I'll make it $500 if they play "Cocksucker Blues."
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #205 on: November 29, 2005, 09:20:25 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "RGMike"

I will send each one of you a check for $50 if they play "Sweet Neo-Con."

I'll make it $500 if they play "Cocksucker Blues."

hahahahaha! I had the same thought about "Neo-Con".

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2005, 08:59:49 AM »
(humming to the tune of Santa Claus is coming to town)

Aerosmith is coming to town. San Jose and Oakland that is. And I was just lusting after Joe Perry yesterday. Presale today, yay!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #207 on: December 07, 2005, 09:54:41 AM »
the Supremes' Mary Wilson gets a rave from the Chron for her cabaret show at the Plush Room:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/07/DDG9QG3CFM1.DTL

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #208 on: December 08, 2005, 12:05:20 PM »
i caught a limo to the kanye west show last night. hot shit, baby. a little too staged, but, still - a really great show. he asked the peeps in the vip booth (hp pavilion) to turn off their televisions. told them to go home to watch the game.

it went a lil' sumpin' like this:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3015/460/0/Photo-739125.jpg

on the far left is my girl. next to me is my bro, and next to him is his girl (jungle fever runs in the fam).

fantasia opened for him - that girrrrl can sang! she did a version of aerosmith's "dream on" that totally brought down the house!!!!!!!!!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Concert Thread
« Reply #209 on: December 08, 2005, 12:19:09 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
i caught a limo to the kanye west show last night. hot shit, baby. a little too staged, but, still - a really great show. he asked the peeps in the vip booth (hp pavilion) to turn off their televisions. told them to go home to watch the game.

"Kanye West doesn't care about Basketball fans"