Author Topic: 1970 on Wed 3/2/05  (Read 12327 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Layla
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2005, 08:56:33 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "ggould"
Quote from: "ggould"
ahh...love  it

this charted again, didn't it?

indeed the LP came out in late '70; the single didn't hit the first time around.  2nd time (summer of '72) was the charm -- it made the top ten.
the outro was on one of those gangster movies, right?  Did it chart again?  Reminds me of Fleetwood Mac's 'Albatross' that was a UK # 1 three different times.

Wow, I almost mentioned that -- the outro was used in GoodFellas. Scorsese has used music as well as any director I can think of.  But I don't think it charted again as a result of that film.

The first time was the truncated three-minute single in 1970, which hit the Hot 100 but missed the Top 40 (maybe the 70s?).  Re-released in '72 as the seven-minute opus, peaking at #10.  AFAIK, did not chart again until Crapton acoustified it for Unplugged in the early 90s.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
1970 on Wed 3/2/05
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2005, 08:57:21 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Missed most of the set.  Back's gotten worse, can scarcely walk across a room now.

I feel for you :cry:
Have you tried acupuncture or any type of alternative healing?
Hope you heal soon.
Sharks bleed teal.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: Layla
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 08:59:24 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

The first time was the truncated three-minute single in 1970, which hit the Hot 100 but missed the Top 40 (maybe the 70s?).  Re-released in '72 as the seven-minute opus, peaking at #10.  AFAIK, did not chart again until Crapton acoustified it for Unplugged in the early 90s.

and the last time went numero uno, n'est-ce pas?

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
recording streams
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 10:16:57 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
Quote from: "Alicat"
Damn! What a set I missed. Came in for #10 but after hearing the recap, all I say is damn..... Any way to record these sets for posterity?

I assume it's possible for someone to burn a copy off the replay at 8pm?

I feel like I know my computer stuff but I'm really pretty low tech. I can stream the set but still can't grasp what I need (software/hardware) to record it. Can't spend any kind of big bucks now to do it either.

Help?
I don't know how, but there are some things on the market that do it.  I saw something called "RadioShark" but don't know if it's affordable or not.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!