Author Topic: The Movie Thread  (Read 499036 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2005, 04:06:27 PM »
Quote from: "Rod"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
and i don't know who jessica alba is, but she sure looks like scarlett johanssen in that movie poster..."nc 17," or whatever the new movie is called.

mmmmm, Jessica Alba.  Way hot.  She was in this weird scifi show a few years back on Fox.  Wasn't good, but she was hot hot hot.

That was Dark Angel, and she was only 19 at the time.  That was my appointment TV for 2001

Hubba hubba indeed

She will be in the upcoming Fantastic Four movie, as Sue Storm, but why on earth would you want to make her figure become invisible?  One great bit of casting though is Michael (The Shield) Chiklis as Ben Grimm.  She's got two more films coming out in the next 12 months according to IMDb, so get ready for her to be presenting at the Oscars next year, maybe even hosting the tech awards.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2005, 08:42:44 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
She's got two more films coming out in the next 12 months according to IMDb, so get ready for her to be presenting at the Oscars next year, maybe even hosting the tech awards.

I love the way they always get a hottie to host the tech awards for the geekboys to drool over. LOL!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2005, 08:31:07 AM »
Saw Millions last nite. Very sweet and clever and Spielbergian (if Spielberg were a Brit; it's directed by Danny Boyle of Trainspotting and 28 Days Later).  But the best surprise: the soundtrack included my fave forgotten Clash song, "Hitsville UK".

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2005, 08:54:47 AM »
Saw "Young Skywalker" transform into "Lord Vader" last night.  Big fun.  Anyone else, besides POC, been yet?  

Spoiler ---

Everybody dies.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2005, 09:09:43 AM »
Saw "Young Skywalker" transform into "Lord Vader" last night.  Big fun.  Anyone else, besides POC, been yet?  

I'm there this weekend for sure. But Mark Morford feels differently:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/gate/archive/2005/05/25/notes052505.DTL

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #65 on: May 26, 2005, 09:59:48 AM »

Spoiler ---

Everybody dies.
I want to go before it's totally spoiled!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 26, 2005, 12:36:25 PM »

Spoiler ---

Everybody dies.

I played hookie a little and went for a long lunch on Monday.

I think in my mind there was almost no way for George Lucas to make the kind of movie I wanted to see, not with all the stuff he'd already set the table with, but at least it wasn't outright bad like the final Matrix movie.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 26, 2005, 12:45:48 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"

Spoiler ---

Everybody dies.

Oops!  Sorry man, but really, that's just a joke.  Obviously, not everyone dies.  Episode 4, A New Hope, has people in it.  And non-people too.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 26, 2005, 12:51:48 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"

I think in my mind there was almost no way for George Lucas to make the kind of movie I wanted to see, not with all the stuff he'd already set the table with, but at least it wasn't outright bad like the final Matrix movie.

Agreed, mostly.   I won't go too far now with comments -- let the others among us see it first.  Easily the best of the prequels, though, and arguably better than Star Wars Episode 6:  Attack of the Teddy Bears.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2005, 12:56:24 PM »
Agreed, mostly.   I won't go too far now with comments -- let the others among us see it first.  Easily the best of the prequels, though, and arguably better than Star Wars Episode 6:  Attack of the Teddy Bears.

Almost as soon as I go tback into my car on Monday I started reviewing the movie in my mind, and the best way I can put it is, "Thank GOD Peter Jackson didn't do this to the LoTR trilogy."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2005, 01:04:36 PM »
I love the way they always get a hottie to host the tech awards for the geekboys to drool over. LOL!

A trend I think they started with Ashley Judd a few years back. She showed up at the Oscars without underwear that year, as we all remember. OK. Maybe just me.

I can remember a time when Tom Hanks hosted the tech awards. His presentation about it at the Oscar ceremony was hella funny. Hard to say if he was wearing underwear at the time becuase his tux wasn't all that revealing.
nakes? On my plane?

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2005, 01:36:03 PM »
Quote from: "Beej"

A trend I think they started with Ashley Judd a few years back. She showed up at the Oscars without underwear that year, as we all remember. OK. Maybe just me.

tacky sweet.

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2005, 01:41:41 PM »
tacky sweet

Hey, maybe she didn't have time to do laundry....
nakes? On my plane?

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #73 on: May 26, 2005, 01:45:08 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"

Spoiler ---

Everybody dies.

Oops!  Sorry man, but really, that's just a joke.  Obviously, not everyone dies.  Episode 4, A New Hope, has people in it.  And non-people too.
I understand, but I have already read elsewhere about how many Jedi bite the big one, I just want to see it before it gets too disseminated in the popular culture.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
AFI -- 100 years of movie quotes...
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2005, 10:48:53 AM »
Last night on CBS, AFI ran a special on movie quotes.  Lot's of fun to watch.  Here's the list.

http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/quotes.aspx#list
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing