Author Topic: The Movie Thread  (Read 490467 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2005, 01:19:03 PM »
Quote from: "urth"
I watched the first hour or so (thru best supporting actress), ducked out for dinner, and made it back just in time for the necrology and the big guns.

Jenny's guns were bigger :shock:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2005, 01:23:31 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Jenny's guns were bigger :shock:

they were cannons!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2005, 01:31:12 PM »

Anyone know of a photo of her online? I watched the first hour or so (thru best supporting actress), ducked out for dinner, and made it back just in time for the necrology and the big guns.

i can't find anything online. and i scrolled through the imdb red carpet pics form last night. no love.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2005, 04:24:18 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

Anyone know of a photo of her online? I watched the first hour or so (thru best supporting actress), ducked out for dinner, and made it back just in time for the necrology and the big guns.

i can't find anything online. and i scrolled through the imdb red carpet pics form last night. no love.

so far I can't either, unless that is her arm in the background of the one shot of her dad.  But there was a pretty good pic of Salma & Penelope snuggled up close together.  Also Tom Brady arm in arm with Bridget Moynahan (she's hot, check out The Recruit).  And some stunning young thing named Natalia Vodianova.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2005, 04:33:32 PM »
Quote from: "mshray"
"Boy Scouts Exploring Extended To Include Teenage Girls"

oh yeah! cue porky's!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005, 11:36:40 AM »
You heard it here first! Next Year's Best Actor & Actress:

Joaquin & Reese are playing Johnny Cash And June Carter Cash!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2005, 12:04:59 PM »

what?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

hmm. i want to be upset. on principle. but i really like joaquin. when he's not playing mel gibson's son. i don't think i've seen reese in anything. but she seems...capabl.e

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2005, 03:00:59 PM »
i don't think i've seen reese in anything. but she seems...capable

Say WHAT!?  You've never seen Pleasantville?  or Election?  Get thee to a Blockbuster woman!

Even better yet, find & watch Freeway, with a majorly twisted Kiefer Sutherland & one of the great movie fantasies of the latter 20th century acted out on film (namely Brooke Shields blowing her brains out).  Or if you're in a romantic/coming-of-age mood, find & watch Man In The Moon, her stellar debut when she was only 14.

Reese W. may have taken the big bucks & punched the clock with her last couple of flicks, but she is most definitely 'capable'.

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2005, 03:08:38 PM »

Say WHAT!?  You've never seen Pleasantville?  or Election?  Get thee to a Blockbuster woman!

Even better yet, find & watch Freeway, with a majorly twisted Kiefer Sutherland & one of the great movie fantasies of the latter 20th century acted out on film (namely Brooke Shields blowing her brains out).  Or if you're in a romantic/coming-of-age mood, find & watch Man In The Moon, her stellar debut when she was only 14.

Reese W. may have taken the big bucks & punched the clock with her last couple of flicks, but she is most definitely 'capable'.

shows what i know. i've seen "pleasantville." now i remember who she is. :) i liked that one a lot.

"man in the moon," the andy kaufman flick? who was she? i only remember jim, paul and danny. was she is love thang? i should see that again.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 03:19:30 PM »
"man in the moon," the andy kaufman flick? who was she? i only remember jim, paul and danny. was she is love thang? i should see that again.

almost had me going there.  You're talkin' 'bout Man ON the Moon, not Man IN the Moon.

The coming-of-age story starring a then-unknown Reese Witherspoon is the latter: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102388/

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 03:20:06 PM »

Hear, Hear! nicely summarized, Mr. S.  Freeway rocks.

And princess, this a a different Man in the Moon than the Carrey-as-Kaufman flick.  Early '90s, and just loverly.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 03:26:52 PM »
Has anyone else seen Freeway?  It's a must see, but only for those who like movies that go in unexpected directions & aren't queasy.

(note to Gaz:  remember that guy Larry that we worked with back in eSchwab days?  Medium-tall, gray-haired late-in-life queen.  After talking movies one day he gave me a personal money-back-guarantee on this.  Said I had to rent it, but if I didn't like it he'd rent me any movie of my choice to make up for it.)

--Carlos Santana, 2010

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 03:27:23 PM »

almost had me going there.  You're talkin' 'bout Man ON the Moon, not Man IN the Moon.

The coming-of-age story starring a then-unknown Reese Witherspoon is the latter: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102388/

oh...sam and tess harper? i'm there.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 03:28:29 PM »
and now i think it was courtney love in the kaufman flick. a far cry from witherspoon. a withered spoon, perhaps?

yeah, i know. it's time to go home.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
The Movie Thread
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2005, 07:04:32 PM »

Forget the statuettes; I want June's coat!
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”