Author Topic: Turkey Day (Nov 22, 2006)  (Read 13143 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Turkey Day (Nov 22, 2006)
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2006, 05:31:31 PM »
Quote from: "SFGuy"
Toni Basil. ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wasn't this a hit from hell (justified)??

It's been everything, iirc: HFH, Guilty Pleasure, and BOS winner in a regular 1982 set.  And now a Turkey -- Grand Slam!

Taco's "Puttin' on the Ritz" has also done double duty as a Turkey and a HFH.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
10@10 HOF
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2006, 07:49:31 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "SFGuy"
Toni Basil. ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wasn't this a hit from hell (justified)??
It's been everything, iirc: HFH, Guilty Pleasure, and BOS winner in a regular 1982 set.  And now a Turkey -- Grand Slam!
Seems like it should qualify for some special status then.  Perhaps ABBA songs are in the same boat?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: time with Arlo
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2006, 12:12:45 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "Rod"
Bad timing by new cow orkers -- missed everything after Turning Japanese.  

Dagnabit!
Worry not. I'm betting this set gets replayed tomorrow as well as tonight.
Or maybe not. Just read a Foghead e-mail that says tomorrow is an all-acoustic kfog variety show, hosted by Rosalie, Big Rick, and Dave, with no mention of 10@10s, classic or otherwise. Wonder if they'll really be in the studio, or just record a bunch of bumpers ahead of time? I'm guessing the latter--I can't recall the last time I heard Dave work a holiday shift.

(PS: Alice's Restaurant is scheduled to be played at 6am, noon, and 6pm, for you traditionalists out there.)
why the scheduled times?

Because some of us plan our day around it!

Don't know about the 6am or noon airings, but the one for 6pm was definitely off schedule if it played at all. I tuned in about 6:10, and they were in commercial, so figured it would be up next. Nope--Indigo Girls, and something else after that. We arrived at our destination, and when we left a half hour later, either Alice was done or it never got played. Not sure what was up as I didn't listen long enough to catch any part of it, but their schedule was definitely rather loose.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2006, 03:01:37 PM »

Dagnabit!
Or maybe not. Just read a Foghead e-mail that says tomorrow is an all-acoustic kfog variety show, hosted by Rosalie, Big Rick, and Dave, with no mention of 10@10s, classic or otherwise. Wonder if they'll really be in the studio, or just record a bunch of bumpers ahead of time? I'm guessing the latter--I can't recall the last time I heard Dave work a holiday shift.

(PS: Alice's Restaurant is scheduled to be played at 6am, noon, and 6pm, for you traditionalists out there.)
why the scheduled times?
Don't know about the 6am or noon airings, but the one for 6pm was definitely off schedule if it played at all. I tuned in about 6:10, and they were in commercial, so figured it would be up next. Nope--Indigo Girls, and something else after that. We arrived at our destination, and when we left a half hour later, either Alice was done or it never got played. Not sure what was up as I didn't listen long enough to catch any part of it, but their schedule was definitely rather loose.
I was waiting for it with my family, and tuned in a little early, only to find it halfway through.  Earlier in the day I heard the last half of his 1995 revisited version on KPIG, and it was actually really cool.  I don't want to spoil the part at the end, but it made me laugh really loud.  Keep up the good work Arlo!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2006, 08:48:49 AM »

Dagnabit!

why the scheduled times?

I heard it at noon, and Dave was definitely live in studio.  He rambled on quite a bit at times during the 11:00 hour.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2006, 09:16:29 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
I heard it at noon, and Dave was definitely live in studio.  He rambled on quite a bit at times during the 11:00 hour.

I know Rosalie was there doing her acoustic thing, but wasn't Dave supposed to be home cooking Turkey? (it was pretty much all he talked about Mon Tues & Wed!)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2006, 09:56:07 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

I know Rosalie was there doing her acoustic thing, but wasn't Dave supposed to be home cooking Turkey? (it was pretty much all he talked about Mon Tues & Wed!)

He only worked like 11 to 1:30, he could esaily have been back home by 3.

I missed the BOS part of the back-announce on Wednesday, so didn't realize until now that Baltimora actually won BOS.  Sounding good on a Saturday morning.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Surfer Bird
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2006, 09:57:47 AM »
Quote from: "yessongs"
Yay, Surfing Bird... fun song!!!!
Listening to Marathon, and I just gotta say wow.  I loved this song when it was new, and marvel at the crazed genius it took to make this record.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2006, 10:18:51 AM »
I missed the BOS part of the back-announce on Wednesday, so didn't realize until now that Baltimora actually won BOS.  Sounding good on a Saturday morning.

Actually, the KFOG website is wrong (maybe Dave's intern is a Baltimora fan?): per Dave's backannounce, They Might Be Giants edged out the Monkees for BOS by one vote.