Author Topic: KBCO, 9/19/06: 1971!!  (Read 3431 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
KBCO, 9/19/06: 1971!!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 08:10:41 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Quote from: "urth"
Got in just in time for the Band and Traffic tunes, but groaned audibly when Ginger mentioned having played David Crosby's Laughing from If Only I Could Remember My Name. Great record, with an all-star cast of Bay area musicians (Garcia, Lesh, Kreutzman, Slick, Kantner, Kaukonen, Freiberg, Rolie, Joni, Nash, and Young, to name a few) although the closest it had to a hit was Traction in the Rain. That album was the first thing I ever won from a radio station.

I'd also love to hear that at some point.

First thing I ever won from a radio station: tickets to the Pac Bell New Year's Eve extravaganza in 1996.  I was still new to the city and Live 105 was doing a My Three Songs with Oasis's "Supersonic," David Bowie's "Young Americans," and Bush's "Glycerine."  The NYE show was amazing -- my first and only time seeing Chris Isaak live -- and my only regret was that I didn't know anyone in SF well enough to invite them along for company.

well, as long as we're telling radio-station-prize stories: I won one of the legendary WMCA "Good Guy" sweatshirts

in 1969 -- one of the last batch they ever gave away, as it turned out.

The only other radio prize I won was a pair of tix to see Grand Funk at Madison Square Garden in Dec of 1970.  We were near the speakers and I was deaf for 2 days.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round