Author Topic: Thurs. 2/10/05 1977  (Read 31680 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2005, 10:50:55 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
does southwest serve cocktails on hour-long flights?

LOL! keep dreamin, babe. They don't even serve hot food on cross-country any more. You'll be lucky to get a bag o' nuts.

"customer service" means absolutely nothing in this country.
guess i'll have to buy a small bottle of jack at the liquor store. and feel like a wino. i'll say, "but it's for the plane!" and they'll say, "sure, sure, wino. we bet you're only flying to l.a!" and i'll shrink away from the counter in shame.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2005, 10:51:22 AM »
Where to from here, kids?   :?:  :?:  :?:
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2005, 10:53:24 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"

I have an 11:00 meeting and then I'm CG-ing 'cause I wanna hear what the Brits have to say about Charles & Camilla's impending nuptials.

Am I gay or what?
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2005, 10:57:21 AM »

i'm listening to destiny's child, but i can be torn away. i leave at noon, though. where shall we go?

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2005, 11:10:04 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"
I'm gonna go cruise to Santa Cruuuuz.
Later.

Enjoy your day off!!!

Lucky you--it's looking like a gorgeous day out! Have fun, and don't lose too much money playing skee-ball! (My big vice at the Boardwalk!)
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2005, 11:14:44 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
Have fun, and don't lose too much money playing skee-ball! (My big vice at the Boardwalk!)

you and me, both! whenever i see a carnival scene in a movie (most recently, "the cooler") i always wants the characters to play skee-ball. never happens, though. other characters get to play skee-ball, but not the main ones...

...i think i need a fix.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2005, 12:06:44 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Have fun, and don't lose too much money playing skee-ball! (My big vice at the Boardwalk!)

you and me, both! whenever i see a carnival scene in a movie (most recently, "the cooler") i always wants the characters to play skee-ball. never happens, though. other characters get to play skee-ball, but not the main ones...

...i think i need a fix.

That settles it.  Next time I come into the city, we're taking a day trip that starts with skee-ball on the Santa Cruz boardwalk (with a side trip to say hi to Angela Davis if she's around), proceeding to a ferry ride to record shopping (and the Grace Slick art gallery?) in Marin/Tiburon, and closing with dinner in the Mission.  How's that sound?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2005, 12:17:03 PM »
That settles it.  Next time I come into the city, we're taking a day trip that starts with skee-ball on the Santa Cruz boardwalk (with a side trip to say hi to Angela Davis if she's around), proceeding to a ferry ride to record shopping (and the Grace Slick art gallery?) in Marin/Tiburon, and closing with dinner in the Mission.  How's that sound?

Sounds great but it also sounds like a VERY loooong day. Plan to start at 6am?  Santa Cruz is a day-trip by itself.  I'll happily drive to either SC or Marin (and Marin record-shopping must include Mill Valley which is a bit far from Tiburon); both in one day is a bit too much of a muchness.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2005, 12:48:26 PM »

Sounds great but it also sounds like a VERY loooong day. Plan to start at 6am?  Santa Cruz is a day-trip by itself.  I'll happily drive to either SC or Marin (and Marin record-shopping must include Mill Valley which is a bit far from Tiburon); both in one day is a bit too much of a muchness.

Agreed. You just described a weekend, not just a day.

Record-shopping in Marin pretty much begins and ends at Village Music. I know of a couple of indie used stores in San Rafael (Bedrock and Maximum Music--my wife used to work for the latter), but neither has a spectacular selection any more. But you can easily kill 2-3 hours or more at Village, and that's if you DON'T start chatting with John Goddard, the owner.

Sarah and I happened to get married in a hall that's just across the street, and after the reception we and all our vinyl junkie friends went over to Village and pawed thru the bins for a short bit, still in our wedding garb. John said that was a first.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2005, 12:54:31 PM »
Record-shopping in Marin pretty much begins and ends at Village Music. I know of a couple of indie used stores in San Rafael (Bedrock and Maximum Music--my wife used to work for the latter), but neither has a spectacular selection any more. But you can easily kill 2-3 hours or more at Village, and that's if you DON'T start chatting with John Goddard, the owner.

Sarah and I happened to get married in a hall that's just across the street, and after the reception we and all our vinyl junkie friends went over to Village and pawed thru the bins for a short bit, still in our wedding garb. John said that was a first.

LOL!  I hope you've got pictures of that!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2005, 01:36:28 PM »

LOL!  I hope you've got pictures of that!

As a matter of fact we do. Our photographer was also my best man/best friend's girlfriend, so she came right along with us, cameras in tow.
Let's get right to it.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2005, 06:23:32 PM »
All the above sounds fun. I made it to Santa Cruz but not the Boardwalk.  BEEE YUUUUU TEEEE FUL DAY! Long drive and you guys live farther than I do. Definitely too much to do south and north in a day.

I can't remember the last time I visited the Boardwalk. Love SkeeBall. During the unfortunate times I have visited ChuckECheese or Malibu Grand Prix with the kids, I have played SkeeBall. Also played during the summer in Reno at the Circus Circus arcade.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2005, 08:45:55 AM »
listened without posting yesterday, enjoyed the set but was busy at my desk doing other stuff.

Regarding "I Feel Love", that woulda been my BOS, just because that song takes me places that most songs don't even approach.  Can't say how or why, but in my list of lists this is one of the songs in the Evocative category.

When I was in Vegas for CES, and visiting the Intel booth, I got a free copy of the Blue Men Group's most recent DVD, which has a very interesting version of this song w/guest vocals by someone called Venus Hum.  Very cool, although not as cool as their version of Baba O'Reilly featuring Tracy Bonham on vocals.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Thurs. 2/10/05 1977
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2005, 08:49:15 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
guest vocals by someone called Venus Hum.

Dynamo's sister, obviously.