Author Topic: Holiday schedules?  (Read 17724 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of JC Superstar
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2006, 03:44:10 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
[I just found out last night that the Orpheum is currently presenting a production of Jesus Christ Superstar, with Ted Neeley reprising his title role and Corey Glover (!) playing Judas.  I am absolutely attending, and am hoping it can become a club outing.  Tuesday the 26th would be simply perfect for me, but I can try to do other days too.  

I saw JCS 2 years ago -- a woman co-worker is a FANATIC for the show, had the LP when she was 8, has seen the show 10 times on stage etc. So I really don't want/need to see it again so soon. Mr Glover is "family", I hear, so see if you can get backstage  :wink: Ted Neely's a tad long-in-the-tooth to be playing a 33-year-old, no?

And NO, a Sat matinee does not leave enough time to get to San Jose without cutting it WAY close.  We'll discuss that tonight, perhaps.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 03:40:18 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
[I just found out last night that the Orpheum is currently presenting a production of Jesus Christ Superstar, with Ted Neeley reprising his title role and Corey Glover (!) playing Judas.  I am absolutely attending, and am hoping it can become a club outing.  Tuesday the 26th would be simply perfect for me, but I can try to do other days too.  

I saw JCS 2 years ago -- a woman co-worker is a FANATIC for the show, had the LP when she was 8, has seen the show 10 times on stage etc. So I really don't want/need to see it again so soon. Mr Glover is "family", I hear, so see if you can get backstage  :wink: Ted Neely's a tad long-in-the-tooth to be playing a 33-year-old, no?

And NO, a Sat matinee does not leave enough time to get to San Jose without cutting it WAY close.  We'll discuss that tonight, perhaps.

Thanks for the deets.  I'm willing to deal with the implausibility of a 60-year-old Christ in the name of giving Teddy his victory lap.  Think I'm gonna go to the Wednesday 12/27 matinee unless there's a strong interest in the night of Tuesday 12/26 (in which case please call me).  I'll buy my tix on my own tonight or tomorrow.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »

Thanks for the deets.  I'm willing to deal with the implausibility of a 60-year-old Christ in the name of giving Teddy his victory lap.  Think I'm gonna go to the Wednesday 12/27 matinee unless there's a strong interest in the night of Tuesday 12/26 (in which case please call me).  I'll buy my tix on my own tonight or tomorrow.

I'm interested, and the Wed matinee is better for me.  Can you get two tix & I'll reimburse you?
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 10:17:32 PM »
I'm willing to deal with the implausibility of a 60-year-old Christ in the name of giving Teddy his victory lap.

And since JCS is at the Orpheum, Ted just has to walk a few blocks east and he can get a victory lap... dance.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 11:12:08 PM »

please take pics, video, record them singing on your mobile, or something!! this is almost as bad as missing this year's steely dan tour. scratch that - it's worse!!!!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2006, 07:16:53 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
please take pics, video, record them singing on your mobile, or something!! this is almost as bad as missing this year's steely dan tour. scratch that - it's worse!!!!

Maybe Ted can team up with Becker & Fagen -- Neely Dan.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday schedules?
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 09:36:12 AM »
Reviving the "Holiday Sked" thread -- can't believe it hasn't been posted-in since 2006!

I'm working next Mon & Tue (12/20 & 12/21) and then vacay thru New Year's Weekend. Not leaving town, just doing the usual Oscar-bait movie orgy, plus would like to see the wine exhibit at SFMOMA. And my sked is wide open for any group gathering y'all might suggest, esp since the princess is in town.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 09:45:08 AM »
Reviving the "Holiday Sked" thread -- can't believe it hasn't been posted-in since 2006!

I'm working next Mon & Tue (12/20 & 12/21) and then vacay thru New Year's Weekend. Not leaving town, just doing the usual Oscar-bait movie orgy, plus would like to see the wine exhibit at SFMOMA. And my sked is wide open for any group gathering y'all might suggest, esp since the princess is in town.
I am working thru Thursday next week, and then off through New Years as well.  I have absolutely nothing planned (YAY!).  So I would def be up for an outing...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2010, 05:53:54 PM »
I don't have to go to school for the next two weeks.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2010, 01:58:16 PM »
I'm in Phoenix Dec 24-26, otherwise around.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2010, 05:50:33 PM »
I will be off work next Thursday/Friday. I'll be in SF Thursday, taking my Dad to a doc appt at 11:15 at Davies then maybe lunch. I can connect after that anywhere in SF. I am flexible for meeting the week after Xmas. I'll be working but around and can take time off.
Sharks bleed teal.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2010, 10:58:22 AM »
I'm mostly around also.  Booked on the 22nd & the 27th with the b-days of my two boys, otherwise open.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2010, 11:49:42 AM »
Who is up for a "True Grit" viewing?  First movie I've really been fired up about in quite a while.

"i call that mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat man"
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
Who is up for a "True Grit" viewing?  First movie I've really been fired up about in quite a while.

"i call that mighty bold talk for a one-eyed fat man"
going to Tron IMAX at 4 today!
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 11:55:55 AM »
wow, did we really not utilize this thread at all last year?

Anyway... I'm off the next 5 days, back at work on Tues.  My usual holiday movie mini-orgy, between in-theater and cable OnDemand I'll probably see 6 or 7 flicks. And food, glorious food.