Author Topic: 19 February 2015: Can we get a Year of the Ram set for Chinese New Year?  (Read 2682 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Thoughts...

a) My wife told me that public schools in SF didn't get Monday off for Presidents Day, but will get tomorrow & Friday off instead.  Can anyone confirm?

b) I recall we once put together an awesome theoretical set for the Year of the Monkey, but I gave up pretty quickly on trying to find 10 decent Ram/Sheep songs

c) that said, maybe at least tomorrow could be 1977 (last heard in early Jan, iirc) with Ram Jam's "Black Betty" as the TotHK?

d) it's also my dad's 77th birthday tomorrow, but I can't imagine convincing anyone that a set from 1937 would be a good idea!  ;-)
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 19 February 2015: Can we get a Year of the Ram set for Chinese New Year?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
b) I recall we once put together an awesome theoretical set for the Year of the Monkey, but I gave up pretty quickly on trying to find 10 decent Ram/Sheep songs

c) that said, maybe at least tomorrow could be 1977 (last heard in early Jan, iirc) with Ram Jam's "Black Betty" as the TotHK?

something fom Macca's Ram LP?  Or perhaps his "Mary Had a Little Lamb".

There are lists on the web, many of which include "Sheep" by Pink Floyd, "Sheep Go to Heaven" by Cake, and of course "Lamb Lies Down on B'way".

And one wag suggested Sinead's "Nothing Compares to Ewe", which reminded me of the old deejay joke from '77: Here's Peter Frampton with the sheepherder's love song, "I'm in Ewe".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 03:59:35 PM »

There are lists on the web, many of which include "Sheep" by Pink Floyd, "Sheep Go to Heaven" by Cake, and of course "Lamb Lies Down on B'way".

And one wag suggested Sinead's "Nothing Compares to Ewe", which reminded me of the old deejay joke from '77: Here's Peter Frampton with the sheepherder's love song, "I'm in Ewe".

Ram? I thought it was Year of the Goat...but I really don't wanna hear 10 Stevie Nicks songs...

If it is the Year of the Ram, there's a song on Ram called "Ram On"

ETA: I see that according to Google, it's either the Goat or the Sheep (and by extension, the Ram). They really oughta make up their minds -- goats and sheep are not interchangeable.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:39:44 PM by urth »
Let's get right to it.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 04:56:14 PM »
How about Cake - Sheep go to Heaven?

I think last year Renee did a year of the Horse set, and it was actually quite good...