Author Topic: 15 May 2013: it's... 1979  (Read 9963 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 15 May 2013: it's... 1980(?)
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2013, 10:55:04 AM »
OK this is completely ridiculous. The Brooke Shields Calvin Klein spots premiered in late 1980; "Cars" was a hit in 1980. Honestly -- this is not brain surgery.

KFOG Radio: "I was even going to delete the post and redo but I thought what sort of person would really care. Now I know. ~Renee"

CapnJack

• The Core
  • 10^4 Super Patriot
    • View Profile
Re: 15 May 2013: it's... 1979
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2013, 10:58:48 AM »
Per Renee: BOS The Knack; VHM Pink Floyd
Tuned to a natural E

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2013, 11:02:29 AM »
OK this is completely ridiculous. The Brooke Shields Calvin Klein spots premiered in late 1980; "Cars" was a hit in 1980. Honestly -- this is not brain surgery.

KFOG Radio: "I was even going to delete the post and redo but I thought what sort of person would really care. Now I know. ~Renee"

she can kiss my big hairy balls.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 11:04:48 AM »

And THAT is what's wrong w/ the RR era.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2013, 11:07:48 AM »

But nice to see the infamous "GlimmerTwin Springsteen" has my back!

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »

And it was interesting that RR responded to GTS.

Is GlimmerTwin somebody we know? Ratzsy, come out of hiding!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 02:38:27 PM »

FP has denied being GTS, even tho' Broooce and the Stones are his bread'n'butter. I'm not sure at this point.  Clearly the "your 10@10s aren't nearly as good as AL's" comparisons area  sore point for Renee.

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
The Kinks "(Wish I Could Fly Like) Superman"

Ugh.  The Kinks on their way down.  I don't care for much of anything they did after the mid-'70s.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 10:38:39 PM »
Supertramp "Take The Long Way Home"

BOS from me.  I could really relate to it then.  For me it evokes the rootlessness I was
feeling in the late '70s.  I would drive around aimlessly, with no destination, and literally
take the long way home just to avoid the feeling of having nothing to do.

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 11:01:34 PM »

Does anyone else wish they would just cancel the f***ing show?
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2013, 05:39:16 AM »

FP has denied being GTS, even tho' Broooce and the Stones are his bread'n'butter. I'm not sure at this point.  Clearly the "your 10@10s aren't nearly as good as AL's" comparisons area  sore point for Renee.

GTS only has 12 FB friends, 11 of which are mine as well, with the other being the significant other of one of those 11. I'm guessing we know him/her.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2013, 05:41:18 AM »

No, absolutely not.

Joke it may be at this point, it is the best opportunity for community commentary (while "Connected" is generally better in terms of music/not having its host with their head up their ass, the timing/length just doesn't lend itself to the same opportunities).

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2013, 09:03:05 AM »

No, absolutely not.

Joke it may be at this point, it is the best opportunity for community commentary (while "Connected" is generally better in terms of music/not having its host with their head up their ass, the timing/length just doesn't lend itself to the same opportunities).

I agree.  That's pretty much the only reason I listen to it at this point, and even then, I can't bring myself to listen every day anymore.  But I'm hoping this is just a rough patch and 10@10 will be back to form sometime, and I think there's a better chance of that if they don't cancel it completely.

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2013, 11:08:58 PM »

I understand the sentiment.  Sometimes you just want to put it out of its misery, rather than
continue to witness its continued existence as a pale shadow of former greatness.

Still, that seems extreme to me, and would severely limit any possibility for improvement.
"This too shall pass."  I remain hopeful that it will be better on some future day.

In the meantime, there are constructive responses.  One can use the time previously spent
listening to the replay for other activities.  It can be an opportunity to hone one's creative
writing ability to bitch in new and entertaining ways about how bad the show is.  And CapnJack
has been demonstrating another great way to deal with the situation.