Author Topic: 9 July 2012: it's 1983  (Read 9020 times)

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 9 July 2012: it's 1983
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2012, 05:08:36 AM »
Tracey U in the wrong year, technically (for US purposes). But VHM to an old fave.

Bu-Bu-But... the wikipedia says it's from 1983..?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Don%27t_Know_%28Kirsty_MacColl_song%29

No matter.  Overall BOS from me (and my request, too!)

yes, yes -- released in the UK (and charted there) in late '83. Not a hit here until the following spring. Sorry, I'm a chart geek.

So, I wonder what song holds the record for most different years played in on 10@10. Another question might be: What song would be eligible for the most number of years? I can't see how there could be any disagreement on this subject.

meaning in the most correct/"legal" years? 'cause Dave had a couple songs he used to play in the inarguably *wrong* year, consistently. TFF's "Break it Down Again" is one, iirc.

I think for part one, "total number of different years actually played",
for part two, "total number of different years the song could be 'legally' played".

Re part 1, I was thinking the Nazz's Open My Eyes had turned up in at least two if not three years, but it's in the Shraytabase only under 1969.  So what other song am I confusing this with?

As for part 2,  Bohemian Rhapsody has charted several times I think. My copy of Whitburn only has two entries, but it's woefully out of date (8th edition circa 2004) so there may have been at least one more appearance since.

Theoretically, the Gin Blossoms' "Allison Road" could be in any set from 1992 through 1995:

92: Its CD "New Miserable Experience" was released
93: "Hey Jealousy" from the same album picks up airplay.
94: "Allison Road" charts late in the year
95: "Allison Road" peaks on the airplay charts early in the year.

I also want to say that "Southside" has made appearances in 1999, 2000 and 2001 sets.