Author Topic: 30 Sept 2010: it's... 1977  (Read 4655 times)

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Sept 2010: it's... 1977
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 10:41:31 AM »
And here's yer Boz too, shuffling off to the lido deck.  And always a BOS for Baba Wawa.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 10:44:25 AM »
I've always loved this song.  BOZ=BOS
~CPL593H~

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »
Speaking of 1977, tonight at 9:30pm on KCSM TV Cable-17 its a "Day on The Green" concert from Oakland Coliseum July 4, 1977 with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Peter Frampton.  I watched it last week on Channel 9, really takes you back, seeing the clothes & hair of the audience and performers, you realize that was a whole 'nother era!  That program is followed at 11pm by one on Soupy Sales!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2010, 02:47:41 PM »
Speaking of 1977, tonight at 9:30pm on KCSM TV Cable-17 its a "Day on The Green" concert from Oakland Coliseum July 4, 1977 with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Peter Frampton.  I watched it last week on Channel 9, really takes you back, seeing the clothes & hair of the audience and performers, you realize that was a whole 'nother era!  That program is followed at 11pm by one on Soupy Sales!

Ack!  The "I'm In You" tour!

I was there, Frampton was awful.  I don't remember much other than that. And the Outlaws.  Wiki says there were two shows, the 2nd and the 4th.  Maybe all the bands didn't play both show.  Of course, back then I saw Santana (also mentioned in Wiki) so many time they run together.  And I'm not much of a Skynyrd fan.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2010, 06:30:16 PM »
9/30/10-Thursday! Keeping It Light & Bright in...1977!!

1.  Emotions- Best Of My Love
 2.  Earth Wind & Fire- Serpentine Fire
(Ad: Ronco Records)
 3.  Leo Sayer- You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
(TV: Love Boat)
 4.  ABBA- Dancing Queen
 5.  Stevie Wonder-  Another Star
(Movie: Annie Hall)
 6.  Roky Erickson- Starry Eyes
 7.  Elvis Costello (The Angels Wanna Wear my) Red Shoes
(Movie: Oh God)
 8.  Steely Dan- I Got The News
(Movie: Annie Hall)
 9.  Doobie Brothers- Little Darling (I Need You)
(TV: SNL/Gilda as Baba Wawa)
10. Boz Scaggs- Lido Shuffle (BOS!!)
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2010, 07:47:06 PM »
Speaking of 1977, tonight at 9:30pm on KCSM TV Cable-17 its a "Day on The Green" concert from Oakland Coliseum July 1977 with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Peter Frampton.  I watched it last week on Channel 9, really takes you back, seeing the clothes & hair of the audience and performers, you realize that was a whole 'nother era!  That program is followed at 11pm by one on Soupy Sales!
Ack!  The "I'm In You" tour!
I was there, Frampton was awful.  I don't remember much other than that. And the Outlaws.  Wiki says there were two shows, the 2nd and the 4th.  Maybe all the bands didn't play both show.  Of course, back then I saw Santana (also mentioned in Wiki) so many time they run together.  And I'm not much of a Skynyrd fan.
Apparently the program is selections from the 7/2/77 show. Frampton is shown doing some of his Comes Alive hits, including a long version of 'Do You Feel' with him taking a turn on drums, nothing from "I'm In You" album.  A 2:20 video preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkF_l5A6DPs

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2010, 09:56:53 PM »
Speaking of 1977, tonight at 9:30pm on KCSM TV Cable-17 its a "Day on The Green" concert from Oakland Coliseum July 1977 with Lynyrd Skynyrd and Peter Frampton.  I watched it last week on Channel 9, really takes you back, seeing the clothes & hair of the audience and performers, you realize that was a whole 'nother era!  That program is followed at 11pm by one on Soupy Sales!
Ack!  The "I'm In You" tour!
I was there, Frampton was awful.  I don't remember much other than that. And the Outlaws.  Wiki says there were two shows, the 2nd and the 4th.  Maybe all the bands didn't play both show.  Of course, back then I saw Santana (also mentioned in Wiki) so many time they run together.  And I'm not much of a Skynyrd fan.
Apparently the program is selections from the 7/2/77 show. Frampton is shown doing some of his Comes Alive hits, including a long version of 'Do You Feel' with him taking a turn on drums, nothing from "I'm In You" album.  A 2:20 video preview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkF_l5A6DPs

Skynnrd just did Freebird.  Apparently is was a song they wanted to hear.    fun footage!  I wish the Coliseum was still configured like that instead of Mt Davis.  The crowd is amazing., Lots of teenage girls up front.  100% White crowd it seemed.  he crowd seemed civil and no one was getting crushed that I could see.  These shows were general admission, right? 
~CPL593H~