Author Topic: 15 Dec 2009: AL lurves her some 1966!  (Read 6438 times)

Wayback

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: 15 Dec 2009: AL lurves her some 1966!
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 10:33:05 PM »
Damn, what an awesome set. Is it just me, or is AL playing a far greater percentage of 1960's sets?
Digging You Didn't Have To Be So Nice--a no-brainer BOS. Somewhere I have a recording of John Sebastian with NRBQ as his backing band doing a whole set of Spoonful hits. Irresistible pop.
In 1983 I sold John Sebastian and his young son swimsuits at a NJ hotel shop where I was working that summer.  I still have the original sales receipt with his autograph.  He was very nice, as was his son, but his wife was real crabby.  You Didn't Have To Be So Nice was not about her!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2009, 02:18:52 PM »
Damn, what an awesome set. Is it just me, or is AL playing a far greater percentage of 1960's sets?
Digging You Didn't Have To Be So Nice--a no-brainer BOS. Somewhere I have a recording of John Sebastian with NRBQ as his backing band doing a whole set of Spoonful hits. Irresistible pop.
In 1983 I sold John Sebastian and his young son swimsuits at a NJ hotel shop where I was working that summer.  I still have the original sales receipt with his autograph.  He was very nice, as was his son, but his wife was real crabby.  You Didn't Have To Be So Nice was not about her!
I've worked with John a few times on guitar stuff, and he's a great guy; never met wife.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
lucky to catch the Saturday replay, and a tasty set indeed.  Major props for the Beach Boys, Beatles, Bluesbreakers, Spoonful, Dylan, and Captain Beefheart cuts.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »

lucky to catch the Saturday replay, and a tasty set indeed.  Major props for the Beach Boys, Beatles, Bluesbreakers, Spoonful, Dylan, and Captain Beefheart cuts.

Likewise & likewise.  Very sorry to have missed this the first time around.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010