Author Topic: 9 Oct 2009: Your Wedding Songs  (Read 8334 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 9 Oct 2009: Your Wedding Songs
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
So what was that last bit about tune #9 being for Renee and Mike, "the matchmakers"? I think there's some subtext here we're not getting.

Looks like I guessed right. When I e-mailed my BOS vote, I asked AL if there were some personal significance to the topic of today's set and got this response:

Yup...I'm flying off to MA to take the plunge...get the old ball and chain..and whatever else they say:)
Who'da thunk it? Actually, Renee's hubby and my soon to be were school friends and she pretty much played matchmaker on this one so, we're excited and happy that the intense long distance wedding planning and craziness will soon melt into fun and laughter and even a lil honeymoon off Cape Cod.
I'll be back in 2 weeks...expect to hear a couple classic 10@10's in the mix from our dear Dave and Don days and some "encores" from the not so distant past, too.
Enjoy and take good care, Jim!!!
Thanks again for the note
Yer pal,
Annalisa

(She copped to it on the air, too, just before the bonus track.)

Wow, wish I'd been posting -- coulda answered the question. Webster mentioned the AL nupitals at the end of his show. (ya didn't think this was in honor of the wedding on The Office, did ya?) He also closed his show with "I'm Yours", and that means we heard Jazn Mrazzz *TWICE* in less than 30 minutes, which is surely against the Geneva Conventions.

And, if you know someone is (or has been) lesbian, why do you"play matchmaker" by fixing her up with a guy? Seems odd to me.

Plus: 2 weeks of "classics". Yikes.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 08:03:50 PM »
who is AL marrying?

10/09/09 - FRIDAY!  All Request Foghead Wedding Set!
   1.  Pretenders - Message of Love
(Movie:  My Big Fat Greek Wedding)
   2.  Stevie Wonder - Sunshine of My Life
   3.  Roxy Music - More Than This (BOS!)
(Movie:  16 Candles)
   4.  James Taylor - How Sweet it Is
   5.  Jason Mraz & Colbie Caillat - Lucky
(TV:  Friends - Monica & Chandler)
   6.  The Cure - Love Song
   7.  Paul McCartney - My Love
(Movie:  Godfather)
   8.  Elton John - Your Song
(TV:  General Hospital - Luke & Laura)
   9.  Cheryl Lynn - Got to Be Real
  10.  Nick Lowe - I Knew The Bride (When She Used to Rock & Roll)
BONUS TRACK:  Marc Cohn - True Companion
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »

Well, this is a bit of an improvement. BOS1 Roxy, More Than This.

(Aside: Anyone able to explain the audible whimpering in the middle of You Are the Sunshine of My Life?)

I notice that every time and have always wondered about it.  Without reason, I've assumed it was Stevie stifling a giggle.

Really?  I thought it audio of his baby.  Doesn't the song open with that?

darryl

• The Core
  • half-baked
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 11, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
Oh wait.  That's Isn't She Lovely, isn't it?

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »

And, if you know someone is (or has been) lesbian, why do you"play matchmaker" by fixing her up with a guy? Seems odd to me.

But then again, if it works, you get triple word score points.  I have been the matchmaker for no less than 4 couples, and possibly a fifth, but I moved away and lost contact before I could be sure.  Certainly seemed like they were going to get married.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2009, 10:08:08 AM »

But then again, if it works, you get triple word score points.  I have been the matchmaker for no less than 4 couples, and possibly a fifth, but I moved away and lost contact before I could be sure.  Certainly seemed like they were going to get married.
would someone tell me who AL married?

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2009, 10:11:39 AM »

I have no idea. Some guy who's an old friend of Renee's husband. That's all we know, I think.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2009, 10:16:07 AM »

I have no idea. Some guy who's an old friend of Renee's husband. That's all we know, I think.
So, is that a problem because she was thought to be playing for the other team?

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2009, 10:28:44 AM »

Not personally. I just assumed she was keeping all her options open 'til she found the right person.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »

Not personally. I just assumed she was keeping all her options open 'til she found the right person.

OTOH, maybe Irish Greg was full of shit, and AL was never into women to begin with.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2009, 01:50:16 PM »

OTOH, maybe Irish Greg was full of shit, and AL was never into women to begin with.

Maybe she wasn't into Irish Greg!  :)

"So .. Annalisa, do you have any Irish in ye?"

"Nope, I'm 100% Italian."

"hmm, heh... well, would you like a little Irish in ya? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!"

"uh... um, I'm flattered, but no thanks.  It's not that you're not phenomenal and all, you know, but..."

"Hehe ... hey, I was just kidding!... joking!  uh... please don't tell Dave.."

(Npte: the above is a purely fictional account which might not have happened.)

~CPL593H~

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 10:43:27 AM »
No, it wasn't just Irish Greg to me back then.  Alicat talked or emailed her about it after the engagement was first made public & AL directly confirmed. 
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010