Author Topic: The Drive, 8/7/08: 1978  (Read 4206 times)

mshray

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Drive, 8/7/08: 1978
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 04:32:43 PM »
I could do with a moratorium on "Werewolves of London" -- Zevon's catalog is so rich with underplayed gems.

heard a bit of Greg Kihn on KUFX this morning, they were asking if anyone knew which came first, this song or "Free Bird".  The caller was totally guessing, but got it correct.  Then Chris Jackson asked Greg to say what year Free Bird was, after telling him they were 5 yrs apart, and Greg said, uh...1975?

but why did the question come up?  Now if they'd asked, Which came first, "Werewolves" or "I Do the rock"?, that would've made sense. ;)

dunno.  I flipped over just in time to hear the KFOX listener hemming and hawing, and asked myself the same question.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »
I could do with a moratorium on "Werewolves of London" -- Zevon's catalog is so rich with underplayed gems.

heard a bit of Greg Kihn on KUFX this morning, they were asking if anyone knew which came first, this song or "Free Bird".  The caller was totally guessing, but got it correct.  Then Chris Jackson asked Greg to say what year Free Bird was, after telling him they were 5 yrs apart, and Greg said, uh...1975?

but why did the question come up?  Now if they'd asked, Which came first, "Werewolves" or "I Do the rock"?, that would've made sense. ;)
Or "Werewolves" and "Sweet Home Alabama," which a local band in my college town used to play as a seamless medley.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »

Or "Werewolves" and "Sweet Home Alabama," which a local band in my college town used to play as a seamless medley.

Yes! Now it makes sense -- it was just a dumb "FOX-head" (or whatever their listeners are called; "Kihn-testants", maybe?) getting his Skynyrd tunes kihn-fused.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round