Author Topic: Image Editor  (Read 7593 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Image Editor
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:52:23 AM »
I've suddenly become a web designer.  I need a handy little image editor that includes transparent gif generation and re-sizing plus some other standard paint type tools.  The last one I tried, from download.com, was missing the transparency and re-sizing.  Or I couldn't find it -- lousy help screens.

Anyway, if any of you know of an app I can try, pleas send download area.  I don't have a lot of time, need to find somehting fast.

Thanks.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Image Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 08:43:10 PM »
Sorry I can't help ya, dude: I'm still using an old copy of Photoshop I acquired years ago, wouldn't even know what's out there.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
Image Editor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 11:50:43 PM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Sorry I can't help ya, dude: I'm still using an old copy of Photoshop I acquired years ago, wouldn't even know what's out there.

yeah, that's the same thing i was thinking when you posted, flem...

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Image Editor
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 09:06:27 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "Gazoo"

yeah, that's the same thing i was thinking when you posted, flem...

No problem.  I finally found something on download.com that got me through what I was trying to do.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Rastermon

• The Core
  • Three Bits
    • View Profile
    • Rastermon Graphic Design
Web graphics
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 10:33:15 AM »
My favorite web graphics app is Macromedia Fireworks. Its a combination of vector and raster graphic tools. It slices, generates html and compresses well.
Exports gif, jpeg, png, tif, pict, bmp etc...  You can get a 30 day fully functional trial at www.macromedia.com
There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't.