Author Topic: EVITA does not equal Patti Lupone  (Read 6999 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
EVITA does not equal Patti Lupone
« on: March 21, 2005, 09:04:07 AM »
here's another reason to not listen to the radio. :) this morning kfog played an ad for "evita," which is at the golden gate. the ad features patti lupone singing, "don't cry...." so i was terribly excited - thinking she would be appearing as evita again. no such luck. why don't they just play the ad with the new evita singing in the background? people are going to find out when they attend the show, anyway. and if she can't sing, she shouldn't be playing evita.

thank you. good night.

:)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: EVITA does not equal Patti Lupone
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 09:15:50 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
here's another reason to not listen to the radio. :) this morning kfog played an ad for "evita," which is at the golden gate. the ad features patti lupone singing, "don't cry...." so i was terribly excited - thinking she would be appearing as evita again. no such luck. why don't they just play the ad with the new evita singing in the background? people are going to find out when they attend the show, anyway. and if she can't sing, she shouldn't be playing evita.

thank you. good night.:)

are you sure that's her? Because when I first heard it, I thought, "who's that singing? -- it's not Patti Lupone (or Julie Covington, for that matter -- and thankfully not Madonna!)"
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:18:15 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

are you sure that's her? Because when I first heard it, I thought, "who's that singing? -- it's not Patti Lupone (or Julie Covington, for that matter -- and thankfully not Madonna!)"

if it's not, it's someone who has spent an awful lot of time studying patti's style. it sounded just like her to me.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 04:46:17 PM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Quote from: "RGMike"

if it's not, it's someone who has spent an awful lot of time studying patti's style. it sounded just like her to me.

This seems to be standard practice now -- they're doing My Fair Lady in San Jose, and they're running commercials with Julie Andrews and Rex Harrison singing.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round