Author Topic: When's the last time someone gave Rodney Crowell props?  (Read 7301 times)

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
When's the last time someone gave Rodney Crowell props?
« on: March 29, 2005, 10:55:08 PM »
Well I'm doing it now. I'm rediscovering Soul Searchin'. I bought this album years ago, and I have no idea why. Maybe it was during my Nanci Griffith initiation. I pull it out every year or so...man! It sounds so good every time. I must put Rodney on my concert watch list. It seems to me this is what Jackson Browne would sound like were he not so........New Mexico?

I'm looking California and feeling Minnesota.

Perhaps that's my problem with Jackson Browne and most of those Eagles songs - they just straddle the line between Texas rockabilly/country/Americana and Midwest corn rock like a dustbunny you can't tell from Saltine.

Damn, this wasn't supposed to be a post about Jackson Browne.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: When's the last time someone gave Rodney Crowell props?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 07:32:43 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
Well I'm doing it now. I'm rediscovering Soul Searchin'. I bought this album years ago, and I have no idea why. Maybe it was during my Nanci Griffith initiation. I pull it out every year or so...man! It sounds so good every time. I must put Rodney on my concert watch list. It seems to me this is what Jackson Browne would sound like were he not so........New Mexico?

Perhaps that's my problem with Jackson Browne and most of those Eagles songs - they just straddle the line between Texas rockabilly/country/Americana and Midwest corn rock like a dustbunny you can't tell from Saltine.

is that the LP with his version of "She Loves the Jerk"?  I saw him at Slim's back around '93 or '94.  The opening act was Lari White, one of his post-Roseanne conquests, whose album he had just produced.  Her big song (great title): "Lead Me Not Into Temptation (I Can Get There All By Myself)".

"Like a dustbunny you can't tell from a saltine"???
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 08:36:25 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

is that the LP with his version of "She Loves the Jerk"?  I saw him at Slim's back around '93 or '94.  The opening act was Lari White, one of his post-Roseanne conquests, whose album he had just produced.  Her big song (great title): "Lead Me Not Into Temptation (I Can Get There All By Myself)".

"Like a dustbunny you can't tell from a saltine"???

the very same album. and that is a great title.

you know sometimes, from far away, you can't tell if it's a dustbunny or a crumb? that's what i meant. not an entire saltine. just a piece of saltine. whatever. it was the merlot talking.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:59:43 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"

Methinks there's grist for the psychiatrist's couch here! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2005, 09:08:09 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
Methinks there's grist for the psychiatrist's couch here! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

i know. it' sad. i feel the need to purge my jackson brown and randi crawford hatin' demon. but not the cars demon. that one can stay.