Author Topic: Hey Urth -- Elvis Costello tomorrow night...  (Read 7907 times)

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Hey Urth -- Elvis Costello tomorrow night...
« on: March 21, 2005, 02:55:29 PM »
So Urth, want to hook up for a few minutes tomorrow at the Costello show?  We're sitting Orch, row JJ seats 24 and 26.  Unless our colds take a turn for the worse again...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Urth -- Elvis Costello tomorrow night...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 03:04:19 PM »
Quote from: "Rod"
So Urth, want to hook up for a few minutes tomorrow at the Costello show?  We're sitting Orch, row JJ seats 24 and 26.  Unless our colds take a turn for the worse again...

Cool--yeah, I will try to drop by, most likely between acts. I'm not sure where my seats are as I'm picking them up at will-call, but I'm pretty sure they're in the orchestra section somewhere.

Btw, don't miss Tift Merritt, the opener. Very country-tinged but she's quite good, and as with Joan Allen's daughters (see other thread), she too is a hotty.
Let's get right to it.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 03:10:44 PM »
Quote from: "urth"

Cool--yeah, I will try to drop by, most likely between acts. I'm not sure where my seats are as I'm picking them up at will-call, but I'm pretty sure they're in the orchestra section somewhere.

Btw, don't miss Tift Merritt, the opener. Very country-tinged but she's quite good, and as with Joan Allen's daughters (see other thread), she too is a hotty.

Cool.   I'll try to catch the opener, for sure.  Our schedule is pretty tight tomorrow, but fortunately I'm less than 10 minutes from the Paramount.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Gaz at da Voice

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 05:47:36 PM »
Rod - as a total aside - I like your approach to the .signature quotes.  Inspired by John Carroll?  Yours work better.

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 07:54:32 AM »
Quote from: "Gaz at da Voice"
Rod - as a total aside - I like your approach to the .signature quotes.  Inspired by John Carroll?  Yours work better.

Yes, I'm a big fan of Jon Carroll.  Don't know that mine are better, and he creates a new one every day.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 09:27:01 AM »
BTW, this thread was intended to go into the concert subject, but I missed somehow.  Any way to move it?
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
just delete your post, and repost
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2005, 10:48:29 AM »
BTW, this thread was intended to go into the concert subject, but I missed somehow.  Any way to move it?
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2005, 10:10:02 AM »
Quote from: "urth"

Rod, did you guys make it to the show? I looked in your row a couple of times (before the opener, and again about 8:50 before Elvis went on) and it was completely unoccupied, so I figured you were probably in the lobby or getting a drink or something.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2005, 12:39:01 PM »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round