Author Topic: 16 Oct 2006: 1978  (Read 8358 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
16 Oct 2006: 1978
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2006, 10:41:25 AM »
Quote from: "Davefish"
BOS for sure for Little Feat's definitive "Spanish Moon" from Waiting for Columbus.  Little Feat with TOP horns - dayamm!

And that's a rare occurence for Dave to play a cut from a live album, especially this one, which I will say again is the greatest double-live album of all-time.

Frampton Comes Alive & Cheap Trick at Budakan are about hte only live LP's that Dave gets to with any regularity.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2006, 10:43:04 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
and speaking of Todd Bridges...

that is freakin' HIGH-larious!
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2006, 10:43:15 AM »
BOS for sure for Little Feat's definitive "Spanish Moon" from Waiting for Columbus.  Little Feat with TOP horns - dayamm!

And that's a rare occurence for Dave to play a cut from a live album, especially this one, which I will say again is the greatest double-live album of all-time.

Frampton Comes Alive & Cheap Trick at Budakan are about hte only live LP's that Dave gets to with any regularity.

I knew that they'd dropped "A Apolitical Blues" from the combo CD, but I wasn't aware of the fadeout travesty.  I only have the CD.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2006, 10:46:01 AM »

of course, "Get Dancin'" by Disc-O-Texx was recorded live... :wink:

But you're absolutely right, tho' I'd add the Springsteen box to that short list.  We need to hear more Geils, Full House, dammit!.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »
apparently the Tigers blasted this RHCP song at Comerica when the A's were taking BP. They didn't appreciate the "Callifornia rest in peace" sentiment.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2006, 10:53:05 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "RGMike"
Hurry the bottle, mama, it's proxy of cairo.

I thought it was "bury the bottle".  Am I cornfused?  BOS in any case for the nicely funky Dan.  And I can play this one on the piano!

No takers for this one...A check of the official Steely Dan site says it's "Worry the bottle..." which doesn't make any sense to me.  It also says "funked up music" -- isn't it "Muzak"?

Top40 db sez "hurry", which makes sense, as in "hurry up and pass the bottle to me, stop hoggin' it". Don't Bogart that bottle!

it's "worry," as "gently shake." thanks for the proxy!!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2006, 11:04:13 AM »

I knew that they'd dropped "A Apolitical Blues" from the combo CD, but I wasn't aware of the fadeout travesty.  I only have the CD.

I IM'd Dave and made that same comment (about Apolitical Blues). But thankfully, those fine folks at Rhino have rereleased WFC with all music restored, plus bonus tracks and such.

See here:
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:61rn288i051a
Let's get right to it.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2006, 12:10:15 PM »

How long since Dave played "Got to Give It Up" from Live at the Palladium?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
rarity?
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »

I don't know about how often it shows up in the database, but this specific song seems kind of like an FM staple to me.  I take notice primarily because of the killer drums/bass groove.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
list
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2006, 10:21:36 PM »
didn't see this earlier (nuke it Jim if I just spaced and duped!)

10/16/2006 - Monday... A brand new visit to...1978!!!

1.   Bob Seger - Still the Same      
2.   Cars - Moving in Stereo      
3.   Elvis Costello - This Year's Girl      
4.   Steely Dan - FM      
5.   Bob Welch - Ebony Eyes      
6.   Van Halen - Runnin' With the Devil      
7.   Nick Lowe - So it Goes      
8.   10cc - Dreadlock Holiday      
9.   Cheap Trick - California Man      
10.   Little Feat - Spanish Moon (BEST OF SET!!)      

BONUS TRACK:  Kinks - A Rock& Roll Fantasy
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: list
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2006, 10:13:31 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
didn't see this earlier (nuke it Jim if I just spaced and duped!)

Actually, we've been getting slack at keeping up with the daily setlists, Geoff, so thanks for taking care of that. I imagine there may be a day or two in the last couple of weeks that don't have them in their respective threads.
Let's get right to it.