Author Topic: Donny Osmond  (Read 6697 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Donny Osmond
« on: February 16, 2005, 09:23:16 AM »
I've been assigned to write a 50-word preview of Mr. O's upcoming show here in NYC for the Voice.  Has Capital Gold (or anyone else) offered any news on him lately that I should know?  I know his CG fanbase is considerable ...

thanks in advance ...
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Donny Osmond
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 09:27:25 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
I've been assigned to write a 50-word preview of Mr. O's upcoming show here in NYC for the Voice.  Has Capital Gold (or anyone else) offered any news on him lately that I should know?  I know his CG fanbase is considerable ...

thanks in advance ...

Did you get a copy of the new CD to listen to?  

I can't think of anything newsy -- but Beej hangs out on the CG/Dean Martin message board and there are lots of donny.com -ers there.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Donny Osmond
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 06:51:58 AM »
I listened to clips of it ... and realized that he's only going to introduce a tiny bit of that material.  Not exactly his best stuff.  So I wrote something like this instead for the Voice:

The eternal golly-gosh kid with the elastic tenor co-wrote most of the material on his new album, This Is What I Meant to Say.  But it's the predcitably schmaltzy show tunes and whitebread soul covers that the moms'll come to see in this two-night intimate engagement.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”