Author Topic: 2 June 2006: 1970  (Read 6843 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
2 June 2006: 1970
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2006, 10:30:43 AM »
BOS2 J-5!  "You and I must make a pack"  I guess that's supposed to be "pact"...
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 10:34:32 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
BOS2 J-5!  "You and I must make a pack"  I guess that's supposed to be "pact"...

aaarrrghhhh, must rant. Last week I received two separate emails. One thanked me for the nice jester (s/b gesture) and the other referred to a pass (s/b past) event. effin idiots I get email from. I really do pass judgement on their intelligence when I get things like that. I'm sure I make errors too, but I know better. I don't think they know.
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 10:36:49 AM »
Quote from: "Alicat"

aaarrrghhhh, must rant. Last week I received two separate emails. One thanked me for the nice jester (s/b gesture) and the other referred to a pass (s/b past) event. effin idiots I get email from. I really do pass judgement on their intelligence when I get things like that. I'm sure I make errors too, but I know better. I don't think they know.

If there is anything that e-mail and easy internet access have exposed to the world, it is the ignorance of far too many people, where spelling and grammar are concerned.

BOS3 El Chicano, "Viva Tirado", a Morey fave that's a Narada to me, but a welcome one.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 10:38:47 AM »
VHM Edison Lighthouse, tastiest cheeze of set.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 10:39:44 AM »
Quote from: "Davefish"
BOS for Traffic.  Don't recall hearing this on 10at10 before.

Oh my it's practically a Katrina, if not an official one.

Oh well.  Shows what I know.  Still BOS.

No, you're right Dave, this is only second time in over two years (or in the Darryl Db anywhen).

ETA: Check that. I'd gotten a phone call, only barely heard the radio & misidentified the song.  "Freedom Rider" just made it's debut in the Db (although Mike's memory goes back a lot further).  But if it hasn't shown up for at least 25 months I think we can all agree that it is not very near to being a being a Katrina
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2006, 10:40:05 AM »

If there is anything that e-mail and easy internet access have exposed to the world, it is the ignorance of far too many people, where spelling and grammar are concerned.

BOS3 El Chicano, "Viva Tirado", a Morey fave that's a Narada to me, but a welcome one.

What have you got against Jamie Farr???  Anyway, what's a Narada?  I missed that discussion.  And whose (sic) you're (sic) avatar?
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2006, 10:46:06 AM »

What have you got against Jamie Farr???  Anyway, what's a Narada?  I missed that discussion.  And whose (sic) you're (sic) avatar?

Don't we have a glossary somewhere on this site?  A Narada is a song Dave plays often in a particular year, but that one or more of us doesn't ever remember hearing back in the day.  Named for Narada Michael Walden, whose song "I Should've Loved Ya" is a Dave fave that no one remembers hearing on the radio when it was a "hit".

My avatar is Ian McKellan as Magneto in X-Men, the quote is from his character.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2006, 10:50:46 AM »
And whose (sic) you're (sic) avatar?

Hey Dave,  I'm planning on taking a long lunch & catching the 11:40 show of X3 at the AMC Mercado.  Any chance you have that kind of spontaneous flexibility?  And of course the desire to see the flick in question?

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
And whose (sic) you're (sic) avatar?

Hey Dave,  I'm planning on taking a long lunch & catching the 11:40 show of X3 at the AMC Mercado.  Any chance you have that kind of spontaneous flexibility?  And of course the desire to see the flick in question?

enjoy! and MAKE SURE YOU STAY THRU THE END CREDITS!

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2006, 10:54:55 AM »
MAKE SURE YOU STAY THRU THE END CREDITS!

Ja wohl, mein Kapitan! :wink:

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2006, 11:12:01 AM »
Quote from: "mshray"
MAKE SURE YOU STAY THRU THE END CREDITS!

Ja wohl, mein Kapitan! :wink:

Hey, Mark.  I've got a bit too much going on today to take off so much time.  Big deadline around August 1, and I'm taking two weeks off in July.  Have fun!
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2006, 11:12:42 AM »

I've a dyslexic friend Dave, pretty smart guy who just has trouble with the written word.  His emails are just a mess.  We tease him sometimes, but basically, that's not the kind of information he stores or processes very well.  We at least got him using his spell check occasionally, but his original spellings are so far off that the results are sometimes hilarious.

He wrote an email to Glenn Dickey of the Chron that was priceless.  He was trying to use the word "futile", but his spell checker suggested "fuedal," which Dave accepted.  To Dickey's credit, he replied to Dave graciously and did not point out Dave's errors, and even figured out what Dave meant...
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
list
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »
6/2/2006 - FRIDAY!!!!! Let's hang out in...1970!!

1.   Three Dog Night - Celebrate      
2.   Edwin Starr - War      
3.   Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4      
4.   Guess Who - No Time      
5.   CSNY - Ohio (BEST OF SET!!)      
6.   Traffic - Freedom Rider      
7.   Paul McCartney - Junk      
8.   Jackson 5 - I'll Be There      
9.   El Chicano - Viva Tirado      
10.   Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes      

BONUS TRACK:  Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
Re: list
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2006, 01:58:33 PM »
Quote from: "ggould"
6/2/2006 - FRIDAY!!!!! Let's hang out in...1970!!

1.   Three Dog Night - Celebrate      
2.   Edwin Starr - War      
3.   Chicago - 25 or 6 to 4      
4.   Guess Who - No Time      
5.   CSNY - Ohio (BEST OF SET!!)      
6.   Traffic - Freedom Rider      
7.   Paul McCartney - Junk      
8.   Jackson 5 - I'll Be There      
9.   El Chicano - Viva Tirado      
10.   Edison Lighthouse - Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes      

BONUS TRACK:  Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

Missed the set, but if I had to pick just one song to hear from it, I'd go with the Jackson 5.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing