Author Topic: Wed 11/30/05: 1987  (Read 3995 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Wed 11/30/05: 1987
« on: November 30, 2005, 10:06:29 AM »
Prepared for the worst, but early BOS "April Skies". proxy for mshray too.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 10:16:12 AM »
It's a "sky" kinda set--BOS to Showdown at Big Sky, Robbie Robertson's return to action.

Second day running that Dave and Ginger have visited the same year, no? I only caught the last couple song from Boulder tho--what'd she play? She didn't do the complete backsell before my stream cut out.
Let's get right to it.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2005, 10:16:13 AM »
speaking of oliver, i hope to be spending next christmas here.

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 10:20:51 AM »
Quote from: "urth"
It's a "sky" kinda set--BOS to Showdown at Big Sky, Robbie Robertson's return to action.

Second day running that Dave and Ginger have visited the same year, no? I only caught the last couple song from Boulder tho--what'd she play? She didn't do the complete backsell before my stream cut out.

Who's Ginger?  I still like this "Jane's Getting Serious" tune, even though it seems a tad dated these days.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 10:26:42 AM »
was this baby jessica's year?

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 10:27:26 AM »

I didn't hear Ginger at all, couldn't get the player to open. Got to hear a buncha VERY dumb Fogheads play Mini-My-4-Songs.  One woman tried to stall while her hubby looked up "Cheeseburger in Paradise" on the 'net because they didn't know the artist, even after Dave said "Parrotheads" twice.  They ended up winning anyway and Dave sounded quite annoyed.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 10:28:50 AM »
Quote from: "Davefish"

Who's Ginger?  I still like this "Jane's Getting Serious" tune, even though it seems a tad dated these days.

Ginger is the DJ in Boulder that does a 10@10 in that market, KBCO. It's on at 9 here, so some of us listen to that, then tune over to KFOG. (And then there's Chicago at 8, and NY at 7, depending how early you get to the office.)

Who was that song between the Jon Astley and the Hornsby? It kinda rocked--Concrete Blonde maybe?
Let's get right to it.

Davefish

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 10:33:51 AM »

Ginger is the DJ in Boulder that does a 10@10 in that market, KBCO. It's on at 9 here, so some of us listen to that, then tune over to KFOG. (And then there's Chicago at 8, and NY at 7, depending how early you get to the office.)

Who was that song between the Jon Astley and the Hornsby? It kinda rocked--Concrete Blonde maybe?

I see.  I was thinking Concrete Blonde too, though not quite as "affected" as her voice usually sounds (sounded?).  Don't think I've heard it before, in any case.
"Play the tape machine, make the toast and tea"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 10:37:31 AM »

I see.  I was thinking Concrete Blonde too, though not quite as "affected" as her voice usually sounds (sounded?).  Don't think I've heard it before, in any case.

New to me too. No idea.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2005, 10:39:52 AM »
BOS2 New Order.

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2005, 10:40:45 AM »
bos to sting, methinks. change of pace for the set. though i suppose he could share the vote with that punk song. i have no idea who it was, either.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2005, 10:42:43 AM »
Quote from: "princessofcairo"
bos to sting, methinks. change of pace for the set. though i suppose he could share the vote with that punk song. i have no idea who it was, either.

"Forget the weather/We should always be in leather."

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2005, 10:45:08 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

New to me too. No idea.

Yep, DM sez it's Concrete Blonde.

And the tattoo is not his, nor anyone else in the employ of KFOG either. "A friend who prefers to prefer anonymous" he said via IM.
Let's get right to it.

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: Wed 11/30/05: 1987
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2005, 01:50:36 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Prepared for the worst, but early BOS "April Skies". proxy for mshray too.

Thanks for the Proxy!  Can't believe you guys didn't know "Still In Hollywood" for certain, I'd've clued y'all in right away had I been there (it's on one of my favorite late 80's compilation CD's).  

For the first time in all my trips to China I actually got my stream to work & even had enough time to listen to Bruce Hornsby before I got called into another meeting.  This seemed to be a fairly clunker-free set.

while I'm at it here's the setlist:

Jesus & Mary Chain - April Skies
Chris Isaak - You Owe Me Some Kind of Love
Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth
Robbie Robertson - Showdown at Big Sky
Jon Astley - Jane's Getting Serious
Concrete Blonde - Still in Hollywood
Bruce Hornsby & the Range - Mandolin Rain (B-O-S!!!)
Peter Himmelman - Waning Moon
New Order - True Faith
Sting - We'll Be Together
BONUS TRACK:  The Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2005, 09:59:52 AM »
Hey, gang! Sorry I haven't been present lately. I've got a big-ass project at work that's got me runnin. I hope all's well here in the clubhouse! I'll try to catch up with ye all later!
nakes? On my plane?