Author Topic: 27 May 2014: it's... 1977  (Read 7769 times)

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
Re: 27 May 2014: it's... 1977
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2014, 10:20:36 PM »
There's definitely a lurve theme going on in the last half of this set... something on AL's mind?

BOS for Yes and Bob Welch; VHM for Ian Dury.  Otherwise this set didn't have a lot going for
it.  I would be perfectly happy to never hear another Meatloaf song for the rest of my life.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2014, 07:49:30 AM »
I would be perfectly happy to never hear another Meatloaf song for the rest of my life.

You're probably not alone but I'd argue that (a) the LP was huge, especially for those of us on the East Coast at the time and (b) unfortunately, we rarely hear anything other than "2 outta 3" or "Paradise/Dashboard Light" and any other track would be most welcome next time around.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2014, 07:54:23 AM »
I would be perfectly happy to never hear another Meatloaf song for the rest of my life.

You're probably not alone but I'd argue that (a) the LP was huge, especially for those of us on the East Coast at the time and (b) unfortunately, we rarely hear anything other than "2 outta 3" or "Paradise/Dashboard Light" and any other track would be most welcome next time around.

And, I would dare suggest that anything off of "Bat Out Of Hell II: Back Into Hell" would more than spruce up a 1993 set.

dischead

• The Core
  • kiloposter
  • Honorary Knight of the Command Line
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2014, 11:03:43 PM »

I'm sure there are many HTH that were "huge" in their day, but that doesn't mean we have to
hear them on 10@10.  The Meatloaf songs were amusing at first, but the fifteen-year-old teenage
boy aspect wears thin quickly.  Otherwise I do not find his vocals or his music particularly
interesting or exceptional.
"Your favorite songs, played beautifully"