Author Topic: 18 Feb 2013: 1990  (Read 6181 times)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 18 Feb 2013: 1990
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »
Still and all, I am over it.  I'm not going to post mean things on fb, that's not who I am.

That's a good point. The show sucks relative to what it used to be, but it's still worth listening to (or we're all just creatures of habit).

I've pretty much stopped my sniping activities.  It all became too negative.  People got a right to bitch, I suppose, but there comes a point when it's just petulant whining.

Not to point fingers, but I think the negativism comes primarily from two or three main culprits, and once they get going everyone else piles on.  Note last week, DW was pretty scarce on FB and things didn't seem quite so unpleasant. He's back this week and it's back to business as usual.
Let's get right to it.

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »
Still and all, I am over it.  I'm not going to post mean things on fb, that's not who I am.

That's a good point. The show sucks relative to what it used to be, but it's still worth listening to (or we're all just creatures of habit).

I've pretty much stopped my sniping activities.  It all became too negative.  People got a right to bitch, I suppose, but there comes a point when it's just petulant whining.

Not to point fingers, but I think the negativism comes primarily from two or three main culprits, and once they get going everyone else piles on.  Note last week, DW was pretty scarce on FB and things didn't seem quite so unpleasant. He's back this week and it's back to business as usual.

So, do I qualify as negative or 'constructive criticism'?

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2013, 11:33:43 AM »

I don't know. Your KFOG FB page comments seem too cranky sometimes. Then again, complaints did cause a revamp of the awful morning show, and a minor change to 10@10: the demise of the cut-and-paste, price-of-gas FB threads. I'll bet it takes Renee less time to think of one or two facts about the year off the top of her head and post them. Still, it's a marked improvement.
Slipping into something
And out of something else

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2013, 11:48:36 AM »

I don't know. Your KFOG FB page comments seem too cranky sometimes. Then again, complaints did cause a revamp of the awful morning show, and a minor change to 10@10: the demise of the cut-and-paste, price-of-gas FB threads. I'll bet it takes Renee less time to think of one or two facts about the year off the top of her head and post them. Still, it's a marked improvement.

Noted. Will aim to be less cantankerious but yet more productive.

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 12:41:31 PM »

Also, I wonder if Renee is the type that needs/wants to look like she has the last word, but then later might actually take some of those suggestions into consideration.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 12:45:21 PM by radical347 »

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »

Also, I wonder if Renee is the type that needs/wants to look like she has the last word, but then later might actually take some of those suggestions into consideration.

You may be right. I don't get the sense that listener feedback has been entirely ignored.