Author Topic: 8 Feb 2013: it's... 1987  (Read 11858 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Feb 2013: it's... 1987
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2013, 11:01:44 AM »
What the...? Fleetwood Mac "Don't Stop"
Yah, don't get it. It's too early for the Clinton campaign.

Don't be so critical.... it's from a year that ends in a 7.

Oh Renee... *shakes head sadly in disappointment*  I try to be fair, but...

A slip of the finger indeed.

Do you think she did it on purpose? A raised middle finger, rather than a slip of the finger, to her critics? Don't Stop has the appropriate lyrical content as well as being one of the all-time frequent fliers to serve such a purpose perfectly.

I honestly don't think she's clever enough to pull off a stunt like that.

Not to mention it would be a kind of inappropriate, and not particularly clever, stunt to begin with.  It would be intentionally taking a crap over 10@10, and while it seems she doesn't really care to make it awesome like Dave & AL did, on the same token I can't imagine that she'd care enough to intentionally shit on it either.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:10:58 AM by radical347 »

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2013, 11:15:47 AM »

Do you think she did it on purpose? A raised middle finger, rather than a slip of the finger, to her critics? Don't Stop has the appropriate lyrical content as well as being one of the all-time frequent fliers to serve such a purpose perfectly.

Not to mention it would be a kind of inappropriate, and not particularly clever, stunt to begin with.  It would be intentionally taking a crap over 10@10, and while it seems she doesn't really care to make it awesome like Dave & AL did, on the same token I can't imagine that she'd care enough to intentionally shit on it either.

Remember, just because it's not particularly clever, doesn't mean RR is clever enough to do it.  ;)

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2013, 11:21:32 AM »

Remember, just because it's not particularly clever, doesn't mean RR is clever enough to do it.  ;)

You guys are starting to sound like DW.
Let's get right to it.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2013, 12:37:25 PM »
sounds like I missed a hilarious bit of screw-up-ery. Well, at least it "went to 11"

1. U2 - In God's Country
(News: Jim & Tammy Baker)
2. New Order - True Faith
3. Bourgeois Tagg - I Don't Mind At All
4. The Cure - Why Can't I Be You
5. Suzanne Vega - Luka
6. Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
(News: The market crashes)
7. INXS - New Sensation
8. The Grateful Dead - Touch Of Grey
(Movie: Less than Zero)
9. The Bangles - Hazy Shade of Winter
10. Fleetwood Mac - Don't Stop (OOOPS! wrong year)
11. Echo and the Bunnymen - Lips Like Sugar
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Here'sToYa!

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »

I don't know, man. When someone loses her temper, a lot of ethical standards get thrown overboard. And RR sure seems to have quite a temper. But DW may be taking it to a whole 'nother level.

Rage Against the Machine, anyone?
Slipping into something
And out of something else

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2013, 10:49:14 PM »
BOS, The Dead.  Feeling the inner hippie today.
I saw the list, scrolled back expecting to find Mike dissing the Dead, and I guess he went to his meeting just in time!  Thanks for keeping the hippie flame alive Rod.  If one was around then, "Touch of Grey" was truly a phenomenon.  I remember hearing it at Candlestick Park during a Giants game, and it electrified the crowd.  Of course, that was a good time for me, when 2 of 3 of their stringed instrumentalists were playing my stuff:

Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2013, 09:29:06 AM »
BOS, The Dead.  Feeling the inner hippie today.
I saw the list, scrolled back expecting to find Mike dissing the Dead, and I guess he went to his meeting just in time! 

so's not to disappoint: I think it is one of the most boring songs ever -- and I'm a guy who loved them in the early '70s. It's all their classic back-in-the-day melodies thrown into a blender and slicked up by Clive Davis' minions. Which is why it was their biggest (and only Top 40) hit. Sorry.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round