Author Topic: 26 March 2012: it's... 1993  (Read 5031 times)

Nate

• two bits
  • It's called "Internet"
    • View Profile
Re: 26 March 2012: it's... 1993
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 11:01:15 AM »
Katrinas need to be redefined, perhaps in favor of INXS or some other Annalisa favorite. What's the single most-played song of the AL-era?

Also, I think there should be a name for the 10@10 host's most favorite but least generally well-liked band. This would be, clearly, XTC. (This coming from someone who owns their best-of set).

Big Fingers McGee

• The Core
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 11:09:49 AM »
Katrinas need to be redefined, perhaps in favor of INXS or some other Annalisa favorite. What's the single most-played song of the AL-era?

Also, I think there should be a name for the 10@10 host's most favorite but least generally well-liked band. This would be, clearly, XTC. (This coming from someone who owns their best-of set).

On the Glossary thread I suggested "Foo".

Lightnin' Rod

• Administrator
  • Heavy Duty
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »

On the Glossary thread I suggested "Foo".

I think people 'round here dislike the Foo Fighters more than XTC (people actually like XTC).  However, I don't think "Foo" is going to catch on.  Not that it isn't to the point, but it doesn't have the same je ne sais quoi "Katrina" had to make a successful meme.  But I could be wrong.
and any fool knows
a dog needs a home
a shelter
from pigs on the wing