Author Topic: 20 March 2012: it's... 1986  (Read 7715 times)

radical347

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
Re: 20 March 2012: it's... 1986
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2012, 10:31:54 PM »
was there any love for Hornsby?  Seems clearly the most significant song of the set.

yes, it sounded really powerful coming after the GM announcement of plant closing.  Seriously.

Plant Closing > Anger Sadness > Drums > Space > Mandatory navel gazing

Word.  She's been getting really good at her arrangements & clips, making them tie in but going beyond the "obvious".  She's been having a lot of fun with these.  Today's bordered on genius:

Peter Gunn > Max Headroom dating a washing machine > Bizarre Love Triangle
Happy Hour > Walk Like an Egyptian.  While we don't need to hear the latter this much, this could have passed as a megamix.
Iran > Boomtown
Boomtown > The Way It Is (Busted-town? Good songs to play back to back by themselves, & as John mentioned the clip added a few notches on top of that even)
Repopulate the whales > Nasty (  :-X )

Oh, I totally agree. Looking back on these shows is a bit like watching Arrested Development or 30 Rock for the nth time... there's always a joke that I didn't pick up on the time before. I'll have to tell AL that next Friday.

Please give her my regards from Seattle!  I'll try very hard to make it to the next one of these (as long as there's not another major comic/anime con going on. ;) )

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
Re: 20 March 2012: it's... 1986
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 07:21:29 AM »
was there any love for Hornsby?  Seems clearly the most significant song of the set.

yes, it sounded really powerful coming after the GM announcement of plant closing.  Seriously.

Plant Closing > Anger Sadness > Drums > Space > Mandatory navel gazing

Word.  She's been getting really good at her arrangements & clips, making them tie in but going beyond the "obvious".  She's been having a lot of fun with these.  Today's bordered on genius:

Peter Gunn > Max Headroom dating a washing machine > Bizarre Love Triangle
Happy Hour > Walk Like an Egyptian.  While we don't need to hear the latter this much, this could have passed as a megamix.
Iran > Boomtown
Boomtown > The Way It Is (Busted-town? Good songs to play back to back by themselves, & as John mentioned the clip added a few notches on top of that even)
Repopulate the whales > Nasty (  :-X )

Oh, I totally agree. Looking back on these shows is a bit like watching Arrested Development or 30 Rock for the nth time... there's always a joke that I didn't pick up on the time before. I'll have to tell AL that next Friday.

Please give her my regards from Seattle!  I'll try very hard to make it to the next one of these (as long as there's not another major comic/anime con going on. ;) )

So shall we call the Friday meetup 10@10Con?  :)
~CPL593H~