Author Topic: 14 April 2011: it's... 1994  (Read 17004 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Re: 14 April 2011: it's... 1994
« Reply #60 on: April 14, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
When Big Al Anderson, the Q's ex-guitarist who wrote LBoB, became a bigtime Nashvegas songwriter, John Hiatt was one of the people he wrote with. So frink points to y'all for picking up on the similarity.

We're so in tune with the straight and narrow. :) But the vocals are also Hiatt-like.

one of the FB-Fogheads actually voted a VHM to John Hiatt!

And tho' AL suggested in her BOS post that this was a set of songs KFOG was playing back then... I don't recall them playing the Jeff Buckley (BOS winner) and they definitely weren't playing Green Day or Weezer (tho' Live 105 was).
They definitely played "The Last Goodbye" back when he was alive.  I don't think I've heard KFOG play his version of "Hallelujah" during regular hours.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

princessofcairo

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2011, 03:32:05 AM »
They definitely played "The Last Goodbye" back when he was alive.

Yes, "Last Goodbye" was the first I'd heard of Buckley, and it was definitely on KFOG.

That's funny about the John Hiatt vote.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »
Another BOS for Jeff Buckley.

Nicely timed; they just announced plans for a Buckley biopic.  I wonder if James Franco will lobby for the lead.

BreakingNews: Robert Pattinson apparently has the inside track for the Jeff Buckley role.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

sundaygal

• The Core
  • kiloposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2011, 02:24:40 PM »
Another BOS for Jeff Buckley.

Nicely timed; they just announced plans for a Buckley biopic.  I wonder if James Franco will lobby for the lead.

BreakingNews: Robert Pattinson apparently has the inside track for the Jeff Buckley role.
Thought it was gonna be James Franco (who I could see playing Buckley).