Author Topic: Wednesday July 6--it's 1972  (Read 20319 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
More Ringo
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2005, 03:28:37 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "urth"
Quote from: "urth"
Bonus JINX!!
hey urth, apropos of your avatar ... didja hear Ringo on Little Steven's show Sun nite?
Actually no, although I can't recall what I did Sunday night? A movie maybe? Anyway, how was? Ringo tell any good stories?
It was fun -- the stories he told escape me at the moment, I'll try to come up with one (you can listen at Steven's website, BTW). Steven was giddy with delight to have him there -- he stayed for the whole 2 hours, as he was (natch) plugging his new LP which sounded pleasant and inconsequential, tho' there was a duet with Chrissie Hynde that KFOG could conceivably play. Rather hear that than new Tracy Chapman :roll:

Ringo was also on the Daily Show recently, rerun of it last night.  Ringo is still a pretty funny guy.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

Beej

• kiloposter
    • View Profile
Wednesday July 6--it's 1972
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2005, 03:35:37 PM »
Richard Starkey rules. It was awesome hearing him goof around with Little Steven (and his CO-producer... heh). And Ringo's anecdotes about how he got started with The Beatles were very educational. At least to this humble tambourine player....
nakes? On my plane?

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2005, 09:40:17 PM »
Quote from: "Rod"
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Guitar solo on "Moonage Daydream" sounding especially good today.

Where are Alicat and Rod and Geoff, btw?

In general, I'm too busy to post these days.  But I am lurking.

Pretty great set today.

I haven't been able to squeeze in any lurk time. Glad to be busy but damn.
I'll be catching up at 10pm.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2005, 10:10:57 PM »
Sunny Days. Not sure I have heard this since '72. ooohhh right into Put it where you want it. Plucky little guitar riffs, nice horns.
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2005, 10:20:44 PM »
Drowning in the Sea of Love. BOS.
Long time no hear. I was pretty young in 72 but I remember my am transistor with earphone. Note: single earphone.

aaarghhh, rough, sudden ending. Dave!
Sharks bleed teal.

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2005, 10:33:20 PM »
mmmmmm You oughta be with me.

This set is chock full o gems!
Sharks bleed teal.

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2005, 10:33:46 PM »
Quote from: "Beej"
Richard Starkey rules. It was awesome hearing him goof around with Little Steven (and his CO-producer... heh).

His co-producer is one of the Hudson Bros. Mark, I think it was -- not Kate Hudson's dad; one of her uncles.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Alicat

• The Core
  • Super Scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 06, 2005, 10:36:39 PM »
Quote from: "Beej"
Richard Starkey rules. It was awesome hearing him goof around with Little Steven (and his CO-producer... heh).

His co-producer is one of the Hudson Bros. Mark, I think it was -- not Kate Hudson's dad; one of her uncles.

Hudson has been Starr's producer (as well as, occasionally, for Aerosmith, Hanson and others) since the recording of the 1998 Vertical Man. He's done four albums, including the recent, very well-received Koch release, Ringo Rama. They've been friends even longer, dating back to the early '70s, when fellow Beatle John Lennon was in L.A. for his “Lost Weekend” period. Pals with both Starr and legendary songsmith/singer Harry Nilsson, Hudson was even in attendance that fateful night at The Troubador when Lennon heckled the Smothers Brothers and was asked to leave after donning a sanitary napkin on his head and annoying a waitress. “It was a pretty raucous time,” he recalls.
Sharks bleed teal.