Author Topic: 1 June 2010: it's...Annalisa's anniversary! (1972)  (Read 7708 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: 1 June 2010: it's...Annalisa's anniversary! (1972)
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 09:09:14 PM »
Nice to see AL posting "Bonus tracks" on FB -- today it was Roxy Music and Danny O'Keeffe.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 10:31:28 PM »

If memory serves, Annalisa took over the reins of 10@10 a year ago June 1. Wonder if she has anything planned to mark the occasion?

I'm remiss for not having updated the Db since, but I am working on it.  Most of the way through the first 6 months already.  

BOS to everything so far.

Mark, I have most of the interim sets accounted for, but have had very little time in the last couple months to finish them off. Will try to knock them out soon and send the data your way.

Pretty fantastic set--I'd venture a 10-way tie, or even 12-way if you count her FB bonus tracks. She does love her 70s British glam-prog stuff, and this set is heavy on both. Wish I'd gotten my recorder set to go before the replay kicked off. Tinka? Any chance you...?

ETA: Grooving on Perfect Day, and the vinyl clicks that appear intermittently. Guess AL's copy of Transformer is well loved. As it should be.
Let's get right to it.

urth

• Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 10:49:47 PM »
cleaning out my room at school; didn't listen live.  Woulda BOS'ed Pink Floyd.  Great song, great album.

6/1/10- Tuesday!! Starting the month in the album racks of 1972!!

1.  Moody Blues- I'm Just A Singer In a Rock and Roll Band
 2.  Electric Light Orchestra- 10538 Overture
(TV: Maude)
 3.  Pink Floyd- Free Four
 4.  T Rex- The Slider
 5.  David Bowie- Soul Love
(News: NY bank robbery/Real Dog Day Afternoon)
 6.  Yes- And You and I (B.O.S!!)
(Movie: Gene Wilder in Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex* But Were Afraid To Ask)
 7.  Lou Reed- Perfect Day
 8.  Paul Simon- Mother and Child Reunion
 9.  Elton John- I Think I'm Gonna Kill Myself
(Movie: Godfather)
10.  Rolling Stones- All Down The Line

And exactly half those songs would have been bustouts in the Morey era, although I'm pretty sure AL has played the Floyd, Bowie, and T. Rex songs at some time in the ensuing year. Louie and Paulie, not so sure.

Very happy I was able to make the replay for this one. Happy Annalisa-versary, y'all! May we have many more to celebrate in the coming years!
Let's get right to it.

Tinka Cat

• The Core
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:45 AM »
Pretty fantastic set--I'd venture a 10-way tie, or even 12-way if you count her FB bonus tracks. She does love her 70s British glam-prog stuff, and this set is heavy on both. Wish I'd gotten my recorder set to go before the replay kicked off. Tinka? Any chance you...?

nope, I missed all three chances I had to record the entire set. :(    Did anyone get it..?
~CPL593H~