Author Topic: Tuesday 6-7-05  (Read 2500 times)

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
Tuesday 6-7-05
« on: June 07, 2005, 08:53:11 AM »
just passing through, and hear the Dead's "Good Lovin'" a song they have definitely taken over.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: Tuesday 6-7-05
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:02:54 AM »
Quote from: "ggould"
just passing through, and hear the Dead's "Good Lovin'" a song they have definitely taken over.

perhaps their covers work better in a live setting, but most of the covers they've committed to vinyl in studio versions (like their horrendous "Dancing in the Streets") just don't do it for me.  One of the few things I agree with Dave Marsh about! :roll:
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

urth

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 09:37:12 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

perhaps their covers work better in a live setting, but most of the covers they've committed to vinyl in studio versions (like their horrendous "Dancing in the Streets") just don't do it for me.  One of the few things I agree with Dave Marsh about! :roll:

I would agree with you regarding the version of Dancin in the Streets" that they released on Terrapin Station, but that arrangement can be blamed on Keith Olsen, who produced that record. Thankfully (or perhaps gratefully), the version they'd do live from time to time was much, much better.
Let's get right to it.

ggould

• Administrator
  • Master Poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ggould.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:13:48 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"

Point well taken.  Live versions of "Good Lovin'" have a sort of Gospel tent fervor and excitement to them, and when I hear the simple little studio version, my listening is informed by the live experience, and relived.
Don't stand in the way of LOVE!