Author Topic: The Peak, 9/11/09: 1991? 1992?  (Read 1199 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
The Peak, 9/11/09: 1991? 1992?
« on: September 11, 2009, 08:03:34 AM »
the Jesus Jones clearly says '91 to me, but the TTWS and Genesis tracks were hits in '92. And the Peak's player has been NFG all week.

R.E.M. Me In Honey
Toad The Wet Sprocket All I Want
Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes It's Been A Long Time
Jesus Jones Right Here, Right Now
Van Morrison Why Must I Always Explain
Nirvana In Bloom
Dire Straits Heavy Fuel
BoDeans Paradise
Genesis No Son of Mine
My Bloody Valentine Only Shallow
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: The Peak, 9/11/09: 1991? 1992?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 10:43:18 AM »
the Jesus Jones clearly says '91 to me, but the TTWS and Genesis tracks were hits in '92. And the Peak's player has been NFG all week.

R.E.M. Me In Honey
Toad The Wet Sprocket All I Want
Southside Johnny And The Asbury Jukes It's Been A Long Time
Jesus Jones Right Here, Right Now
Van Morrison Why Must I Always Explain
Nirvana In Bloom
Dire Straits Heavy Fuel
BoDeans Paradise
Genesis No Son of Mine
My Bloody Valentine Only Shallow

"In Bloom" could be either - album was '91, single was '92.  Not familiar with 6 (!) of these songs.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
Re: The Peak, 9/11/09: 1991? 1992?
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 10:52:09 AM »
BTW, I emailed the Peak to ask about the player problem -- their PD got back to me within the hour (!) and said "we switched the encoding algorithm for the main stream from MP3 to HE-AACv1 (AACplus v1.)  It’s the almost latest and greatest and it sounds fabulous – so much better than MP3.  Here’s a wiki link to learn more about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Efficiency_Advanced_Audio_Coding "

gobbledygook to me, but the upshot is that (like my problems with The Sound and The Drive), a Flash upgrade is needed, which i can't do here at work.  So he gave me several alternate links, one of which actually works, tho' it's an old one that may disappear at some point. But check this out -- the WMP link I've been using for ages was something he was paying for OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET for the past 3 years -- $20 a month, and he finally had to let it lapse.  What a guy!

Very impressive, considering that the Sound and the Drive never got back to me when I asked for an alternate link to their streams.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round