Author Topic: 22 Dec 2008: a "classic" from... 1981  (Read 5070 times)

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: 22 Dec 2008: a "classic" from... 1981
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2008, 10:39:25 AM »
BONUS TRACK:   Ramones – We Want the Airwaves

overall.. I'm glad I bailed and missed Walsh, "Gen'rals 'n' 'Trinas" and the unheezing of Kim. But DAMN! Annalisa's bonus is impressive.

yes, she wants the Airwaves, specifically the KFOG airwaves b/w 6 and 10 AM. 

I spoke with her on Friday & I brought that up.  "It's not up to me," she said quite ruefully.  But all the songs that followed Dave's sign-off were her own picks, starting with ILMHISF.  "When words aren't enough you have to just play Tony Bennett," she said.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 11:03:57 AM »

overall.. I'm glad I bailed and missed Walsh, "Gen'rals 'n' 'Trinas" and the unheezing of Kim. But DAMN! Annalisa's bonus is impressive.

I spoke with her on Friday & I brought that up.  "It's not up to me," she said quite ruefully.  But all the songs that followed Dave's sign-off were her own picks, starting with ILMHISF.  "When words aren't enough you have to just play Tony Bennett," she said.

well, points for her, 'cause that post-set set was quite sweet.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having her on in the morning. Meanwhile, it seems (to my ears) that Webster has dialed it down a bit, at least so far.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

mshray

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2008, 01:19:04 PM »

well, points for her, 'cause that post-set set was quite sweet.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having her on in the morning. Meanwhile, it seems (to my ears) that Webster has dialed it down a bit, at least so far.

Agree on all 3 pts. 

I complimented her on the song choices (I also suggested she play "Hit The Ground Running" & she said she'd try, but I couldn't listen long enough to see if she pulled it off). 

I also said, I'd rather listen to her in the a.m.

But today was the 1st day I really listened to Webster in the morning slot, and he seemed improved.  Maybe having people in the room to talk to helps him curtail that start/stop delivery of his.  And he scored a point when he self-identified as a die-hard Dan fan.
"Music is the Earth, People are the Flowers, and I am the Hose."

--Carlos Santana, 2010