Author Topic: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 12/24/07  (Read 5589 times)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
Re: CG/KPOO/KCDX etcetcetc for the week of 12/24/07
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2007, 07:49:38 AM »
OMGWTF: Always a treat to hear Chuck Mangione's "Feels So Good" in an unironic context.  Still love the drumming work on this.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2007, 07:51:11 AM »
Chic's "Dance, Dance, Dance" was on the charts for SIX MONTHS?!?
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 07:57:25 AM »
Chic's "Dance, Dance, Dance" was on the charts for SIX MONTHS?!?

(Yeah, that works out to only about 25 or 26 weeks, but I thought that never happened until much later.  Then again, Casey just played Nick Gilder's "Hot Child in the City" a little bit ago, and that took 21 weeks to make it to the top.)

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 08:34:43 AM »
Casey: "Billboard's predicting that the proportion of disco songs in our countdown will go WAY UP in 1979."  A safe bet in hindsight, I suppose.  Wonder if he foresaw its slash in '80-'81.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 08:36:40 AM »
OMG, one I NEVER hear: Andy Gibb at #9 with "Love Is Thicker Than Water."  That lyric is something.

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2007, 08:42:46 AM »
OK, this'll be my last post of the countdown.  Casey was rattling off the nationalities of the artists on the year-end chart and included "Guyanese" among them.  I haven't the foggiest what artist from Guyana would have charted in 1978.  Anyone?

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »
OK, this'll be my last post of the countdown.  Casey was rattling off the nationalities of the artists on the year-end chart and included "Guyanese" among them.  I haven't the foggiest what artist from Guyana would have charted in 1978.  Anyone?

I believe he mentioned during Part One last week that one of the members of HeatWave was from Guyana. But what was that bit about Samantha Sang being the only Aussie woman? ONJ doesn't count??

Glad you got to hear the show this morning -- I'm guessing you're hearing Dave's Xmas card right about now.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 10:31:50 AM »

I believe he mentioned during Part One last week that one of the members of HeatWave was from Guyana. But what was that bit about Samantha Sang being the only Aussie woman? ONJ doesn't count??

Glad you got to hear the show this morning -- I'm guessing you're hearing Dave's Xmas card right about now.

I wondered about ONJ as well, but he/they specifically considered her British.

And yeah, caught the card.  Great timing!

RGMike

• Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 10:35:28 AM »
I wondered about ONJ as well, but he/they specifically considered her British.

indeed, per Whitburn, she was born in England. Family moved to Australia when she was 5.

BTW, was anybody listening to the entire marathon? What was the "extra" set/year (only 4 actual sets aired during the week)?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 10:37:05 AM by RGMike »
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round