Author Topic: 16 July 2007: something 90's promised - it's '91  (Read 5921 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
16 July 2007: something 90's promised - it's '91
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 11:33:07 AM »
07/16/2007 - Monday! Great times in...1991!!

1.  Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend  
2.  Seal - Crazy  
3.  Divinyls - I Touch Myself (BEST OF SET!!)  
4.  Black Crowes - Twice As Hard  
5.  Bonnie Raitt with Delbert McClinton - Good Man, Good Woman  
6.  Jesus Jones - Right Here Right Now  
7.  Fixx - How Much is Enough  
8.  John Mellencamp - Love & Happiness  
9.  Crowded House - Weather Wtih You  
10.  Damn Yankees - High Enough  

BONUS TRACK:  EMF - Unbelievable

"Great times"? As Carla once said to Otis, "That's a matter of opinion, baby!"   No escaping Crowded House in a CH-active year.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
Listening on the replay, I had to note how American (the band, not the country) the Crowded House tune sounded.  Indeed, to pick up Mike's thought from the other set that played this, I'm thinking that if America really wants some spotlight back (which apparently they do), they could record a cover of "The Weather With You" specifically for the Weather Channel to license.  It'd be no "Friends theme," but it'd be a bit of visibility.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2007, 10:34:26 AM »
Quote from: "Gazoo"
Listening on the replay, I had to note how American (the band, not the country) the Crowded House tune sounded.  Indeed, to pick up Mike's thought from the other set that played this, I'm thinking that if America really wants some spotlight back (which apparently they do), they could record a cover of "The Weather With You" specifically for the Weather Channel to license.  It'd be no "Friends theme," but it'd be a bit of visibility.

And in keeping with their other long-0running theme, they could put it on an album called "Humidity".
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2007, 03:19:38 PM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
Quote from: "Gazoo"

And in keeping with their other long-0running theme, they could put it on an album called "Humidity".

Nice!  Very clever.
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”