Author Topic: 30 May 2007: it's... 1975  (Read 5649 times)

RGMike

• The Core
  • Eight Miles High
    • View Profile
30 May 2007: it's... 1975
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2007, 11:22:40 AM »
Quote from: "RGMike"
BOS3 Leon -- I was just thinking when we heard "Rainbow in Your Eyes" recently that dave oughta pull this out in the next '75 set.

So I looked this up in Whitburn and was surprised to see that "Lady Blue" and "Tightrope" were Leon's only 2 Top 40 hits.  Morey faves "Back To the Island" and "Rainbow in Your Eyes" peaked at 53 and 52, respectively.

Trivia: his wife Mary was a member of Little Stster and part of the extended Family Stone.
You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round

Gazoo

• The Core
  • Transcendent Typist
    • View Profile
30 May 2007: it's... 1975
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2007, 09:24:04 AM »
BOS3 Leon -- I was just thinking when we heard "Rainbow in Your Eyes" recently that dave oughta pull this out in the next '75 set.

So I looked this up in Whitburn and was surprised to see that "Lady Blue" and "Tightrope" were Leon's only 2 Top 40 hits.  Morey faves "Back To the Island" and "Rainbow in Your Eyes" peaked at 53 and 52, respectively.

Trivia: his wife Mary was a member of Little Stster and part of the extended Family Stone.

Oh wow, I didn't know that - I should find out how to update/modify AMG bios!  (I wrote Little Sister's and omitted this fact.)
“The choir of children sing their song.  They've practiced all year long.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.  Ding dong.”